Barring a tantalizing sale price, now is the worst time to buy a technology product. Why? Black Friday is right around the corner, which many retailers extend throughout the weekend leading into Cyber Monday. That means there will be loads of discounts to wade through. To help you plan ahead, Microsoft has released a partial list of items that will be on sale.
If you have been wanting a mixed reality headset for Windows 10, don't pull the trigger just yet. Microsoft says you'll be able to save up to $100 on mixed reality headsets from Acer, Dell, HP, Lenovo, and Samsung. There will also be discounts of up to $249 on PC bundles with mixed reality headsets from Acer, Dell, and HP.
Microsoft's Surface line is often on sale, and Black Friday is no exception. The Surface Pro i5 with 265GB of storage will be marked down $329, and the model with 128GB of storage will be reduced by $229. Both will also come bundled with the Black Type Cover.
Some other notable discounts:
- Save up to $$150 on the Acer Aspire 1 and Aspire 3 laptops starting November 24
- Save up to $100 on the Asus Transformer Book Flip TP200 at Amazon
- Get an Alienware 17 laptop for $1,600 starting November 17
- Get a Lenovo Yoga 910 Stars Wars laptop for $1,000 starting November 20
- Galaxy Books starting at $530 at Best Buy
- Xbox One S consoles starting at $189 (various retailers)
- Save $50 off Xbox One S 1TB and 500GB bundles (various retailers)
Microsoft's Black Friday deals in the Microsoft Store start on November 23 (Thursday). Some of its hardware partners are kicking things off even earlier, as noted above. More dates and deals can be found in Microsoft's blog post.