Looking for details about the latest New World update? The MMO has been out for less than a month, but updates are already rolling in, tackling everything from bug fixes to server transfers. In this update guide, you'll find the latest New World patch notes so you can find out exactly what's changed in Aeternum.
Depending on the size of the update, there may be some server downtime, too. If you're still having trouble finding a stable world, our New World server guide shows where best to check server status.
The latest New World update, 1.0.3, has started implementing server transfers, and so far a number of players have already moved to another world of their choosing. If you're looking to move yourself, this New World server transfer guide should come in handy. Amazon reported that they've had to suspend server transfers temporarily due to invalid data, but that might well have been fixed by the time you read this.
New World patch notes: Update 1.0.3 (October 19)
Server transfers are finally here! Amazon has said that they are going to give all players the 'Stoic' in-game title as well as make the 'Waiting' emote free in the store to say thank you for people's patience. Transfers start with the AP Southeast region, and if things go smoothly, will be rolled out to other regions. Here's the server transfer FAQ:
How do I transfer my character?
- You need to log into your character, which means waiting in any applicable queues.
- There will be a new tab in the in-game store to claim your character transfer token.
- You need to leave your Company.
- You need to remove any active Trading Post sell orders and buy orders.
- Your character must be located in a sanctuary (such as a settlement or outpost).
What comes with me when I transfer?
- You will keep all character progression (level, weapon mastery, titles, etc.).
- You will keep your inventory and storage.
- You will keep all of your currency.
- You will keep your houses and housing decorations.
- You will keep all quest progress.
What does not transfer with my character?
- Your Company membership needs to be terminated before transferring, and will not carry over.
- Active Trading Post sell orders and buy orders must be removed and will not carry over.
- Your friends list is world specific and will not transfer.
Where can I move my character to?
- You can move your character to any world in your region, except:
- You cannot move your character to a full world.
- You cannot move your character to a world in maintenance.
- You cannot move your character to a world set that you have an existing character in already.
Will there be opportunities to transfer again if I choose the wrong world, the world my friends chose filled up, or I regret choosing the world I transferred to?
- Transferring again will require an additional token. Our team will continue monitoring world populations, queue times, and will evaluate the need for an additional wave of server transfer tokens to be given out for free. After we are sure players have had plenty of time to find the right server for them, we will later make server transfer tokens available for purchase in the store. We will give notice ahead of time when tokens are changing to a paid service.
- Implemented final pieces of the server transfer framework.
- Added improvements to the World selection UI.
- Added clearer messaging when a player is kicked due to going AFK or violating the EAC.
- Added clearer messaging when stacked discounts are present, such as territory standing and faction discounts on property taxes.
- Implemented back-end changes to help our team investigate concerns around the client performance in War.
- Adjusted the respawn timer on Boatswain Ambrose and various other elite enemies throughout the world.
- In The Depths, Players must now be in the arena to damage Thorpe.
- An error message now appears when players attempt to buy their own items in the Trading Post.
- Reverted a chest/loot change from update 1.0.2 that was causing too many refining reagents to roll from chests.
- Adjusted the volume on the Amazon Games splash screen.
- Armor is now limited to 1 weapon mastery perk on a single item. Previously, you could have perks for different weapons. Weapon mastery perks will not be removed from items that existed before this update.
- Added general performance improvements for visual artifacts and graphics settings.
- Dyes are now removed from items upon trade with a warning message present.
- The Time to Declare War" timer now visually pauses to make it clear when an Invasion is imminent but not yet scheduled. Territory remains in a Conflict state after Invasions, and War can be declared.
General bug fixes
- Fixed issues with the T4 and T5 azoth staffs— go close those high level portals!
- Fixed an issue causing the abandoning event notification to persist.
- Fixed a housing UI issue. The UI will now correctly shows that property taxes are subject to the full price of the home, and not impacted by the first time home buyer discount.
- Fixed issues with early game spawning. The watchtower respawn point is replaced by the Settlement after it has been discovered. Players no longer incorrectly respawn at a Watchtower after selecting to respawn at a Settlement.
- Fixed various localization issues throughout the game.
- Fixed an issue where not all items for Town Projects were consumed when completing the mission.
- Resolved login errors that prevented players from accessing their character.
- Fixed an issue that caused Arena keys to not drop as intended.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Runic Bear armor to not be appropriately dyed during Wars.
- Fixed a pet placement issue. Pets placed in an otherwise empty house now remain in the home after the player logs out, instead of returning the pet to the player’s inventory.
- AP Southeast servers now display the correct time zone in-game.
- Fixed an issue that caused Company invites to persist after decline/accept.
- Fixed an issue that caused Rajah spawns to stack forever - one big cat at a time, please!
- Update: Our team was able to include a few other urgent fixes into this week's update. The following issues have been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that caused holding and dragging around the client while in windowed mode to constantly retrigger invincibility.
- Fixed an issue that caused taxes to not go into the controlling company’s treasury.
- Fixed an issue that caused penalty length for suspensions and bans to say “Over a year”.
- Fixed issues with companies not receiving some territory taxes.
- Additionally, we discovered that our fix for the issue with titles and achievements not always updating correctly will need some additional work, and we've removed it from the list. We'll continue to work on a fix for this issue, and many more, to release in future updates.
- The fixes listed below are tentative fixes and mitigations. Our goal is to get these changes out and see if issues persist, so we can continue to work on them and address in a future update if necessary.
- Worked to fix an issue where Wars and Invasions kicked off earlier than scheduled.
- Worked to fix an issue where not all settlement stations upgrade as intended when town projects are completed.
- Players should no longer become stuck when entering or exiting an instance. If a player reconnects and their character is dead, the respawn screen is open with respawn options available. Players who are currently stuck need to contact customer support to have their character unstuck.
New World patch notes: Update 1.0.2 (October 13)
We adjusted the rates of influence gain over time so that it will continue to require significant effort over time to flip a territory into conflict state:
- Reduced the amount of influence increase over time significantly for attacking factions. This is to account for a bug we found where the increase was multiplied much faster than intended over time.
- Removed the decrease in influence over time for defending factions.
Bug fixes: General
- Fixed an issue where players could respawn as a corpse.
- Fixed an issue where the tier 3 fishing treasure chest wouldn’t fight back after being hooked.
- Fixed various localization issues and text fields.
- Fixed an issue causing players kicked, suspended, banned, or removed from the game by Easy Anti-Cheat to receive unclear communication. Additional messaging has been added so players can better understand the penalty they received.
- Fixed an issue causing territory influence to be reset after an Invasion.
- Fixed an issue where players attempting to take a split amount of stacked items from a different settlement their faction owns, they were charged for the entire cost of the items in the stack.
- Fixed a game crash caused by a player targeting another player with a healing effect at the exact moment they fast traveled or teleported away.
- Fixed an issue reducing variety and potential quantity of loot obtained from game modes and chests within the world.
- Fixed an issue causing some crafting bonuses to not provide the minimum intended values.
- Fixed an issue where overflow items in storage transferred to a different territory.
- Fixed an issue where petting Barkimedes caused the camera to jitter.
- Fixed an issue causing the Ice Pylon ability to not cooldown appropriately.
- Fixed an issue where settlement storage can become massively overflowed by expired contracts.
- Fixed an issue where player’s movement could stutter after becoming encumbered from logging.
- Fixed an issue where there were not enough chests at Hapless Homestead to fulfill Faction quest requirements.
- Fixed an issue causing players to randomly teleport.
- Fixed an issue where players disappear if standing still when a campsite turret blueprint is being held.
- Fixed a visual issue causing repeater turrets to appear as if they were firing projectiles at an angle that did not align with the turret.
- Fixed miscellaneous game crashes.
- Fixed an issue where Marshjaw respawned slower than intended at Flatfish Fishery.
- Fixed an issue causing certain bears to respawn faster than intended.
- Fixed an issue causing twice the intended number of Boars to spawn at the Boarsholm POI in Restless Shores.
- Fixed an issue where players could be prompted to purchase an item they had previously started the unlocking process on in the in-game store when trying to unlock another item immediately after.
- Fixed an issue causing store previews for skins to not work correctly when the player was actively wielding a weapon.
- Fixed an issue where the Righteous Guardian armor skin would not change color in War
- Fixed an issue where the Runic Bear armor skin would not change color in War
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect poses when previewing store items
New World patch notes: Update 1.0.1 (October 6)
We've implemented the groundwork for the character server transfer, and you may see elements of that work in the in-game store. We're continuing to work on this feature, and will have more information on how the system works later this week when we release server transfers.
Changed turret projectiles in War from physical projectiles to use hitscan detection. This should help performance in War, with fewer objects being spawned in the world.
In an effort to ensure players can’t stay AFK, especially in higher population servers, we’ve made the following adjustments to the AFK prevention system.
- Added additional AFK prevention to ensure players cannot fool the existing system with simulated mouse movement.
- Shortened the AFK warning message from 20mins to 15mins.
- Shortened the AFK disconnect from 25mins to 20mins.
We added a confirmation screen when a player attempts to leave the queue for a world, asking the player to confirm if they’re intending to leave the queue. This should help ensure nobody accidentally leaves the queue and misses out on their spot in line.
Bug fixes: General
- Fixed a rare issue causing the interact key to not properly function on various objects in the world.
- Fixed an issue causing the barrel to not appear in "Pirate Stance" emote.
- Fixed an issue where players did not receive coin as a reward from some activities.
- Fixed a bug where interrupting the fast travel animation may cause the player’s character to become stuck inside of a house.
- Fixed an issue in Territory Standing rewards where some localized text was missing.
- Fixed an issue where players are asked to claim achievement titles multiple times after logging back into the game, despite already having claimed the rewards.
- Fixed an issue causing leg animations to freeze.
- Fixed game crashes related to the New World Twitch integrations.
- Fixed a rare issue where players could enter state where they could not be hit by most attacks.
- Fixed an issue where certain item containers could be looted infinitely.
- Fixed an issue where the abandoning event notification could sometimes persist after the player abandoned the event.
- Fixed an issue causing Pastor Walsh to spawn aggressively at the Walsham point of interest (POI).
- Fixed an issue causing enemies to spawn slower than intended in the Bullrush Wash POI.
- Fixed an issue causing Overseer Zane to respawn slower than intended in the "Something to Prove" quest.
- Fixed an issue where Master Zindt could have duplicated respawns at the Kannan Tomb POI.
- Added missing journal information about the recommended quest level for players attempting to unlock the second faction rank.
- Fixed an issue where resetting the "Blessings of Earth" quest when you have gained any of the blessings will block progression in the Main Story Quest (MSQ).
- Fixed an issue where the "Azoth Fulminate" quest will be unavailable to players if they first complete other Windsward quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the "Goodwill Squashing" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "Arruda Jam" quest.
- Fixed an issue where the barkeep conversation state in First Light can enter a state where quests cannot be obtained from the barkeep.
- Fixed an issue where completing the "Taste for Revenge" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "Predator, Prey" and "Great Expectations" quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the "Curse of Ebony Hawk" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "Bond’s Gambit" quest.
- Fixed an issue where completing "The Expedition into Saircor" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "One Threat at a Time" quest.
- Fixed an issue where completing the "Strength of the Earth" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "Fading Lights" and "Azure Tears" quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the "Twisted Metamorphosis" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "Blessings of the Fallen" quest.
- Fixed an issue where completing the "Facets of Light and Darkness" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "Descent to Frosted Slumber" and "Transmuting Iron to Dust" quests.