I'm of two minds about the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare minimum system requirements that have been posted on Steam. On the one hand, they're pretty steep. But on the other, this is one of the biggest-budget triple-A shooters of the year, and the year is 2016. Are we really surprised that a GTX 280 is going to splutter like a three packs a day smoker?
Remember, this is the minimum spec, the bottom-end, bare-bones rig you'll need to play Infinite Warfare at anything resembling a decent state. You might be able to make it run on something less, but why would you want to?
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit or later
- Processor: Intel Core i3-3225 @ 3.30GHz or equivalent
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 70 GB available space (Disk space requirement may change over time)
- Sound Card: DirectX 11 Compatible
Recommended and optimal builds haven't been listed yet, but we'll update you here when they are. In the meantime, this is at least a guideline for what you'll need to bring to the table, and a notice (in case you needed one) that you'll probably have to turn a few visual options down a bit unless you're running... well, this.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare comes out on November 4. And now, enjoy this live-action trailer starring some guys you might recognize.