Torrent of GTA V details unveiled; still no confirmation of PC edition
While we wait patiently for Rockstar to confirm or rule out a PC version of Grand Theft Auto V, the publisher has delivered a huge dump of info overnight via the December edition of Game Informer magazine.
The game will literally be the "biggest" in the series, with GTA V art director Aaron Garbut telling GI that the world is bigger than those in Red Dead Redemption, GTA: San Andreas and GTA IV combined.
Here are the key details:
- The game will feature three main protagonists - Michael, Trevor and Franklin. Each will have their own plot arc, and the player will be able to swap between characters via a "Google Earth-style vantage point". Each character will function in the world whether you're in control or not.
- Most of GTA V's gameplay mechanics have been built from the ground-up. The game "evolves nearly every mechanic, features the biggest world in in the series' history and introduces a new technology that radically changes the way players control the game."
- There will be more vehicles than in any previous GTA V game, including BMXs, mountain bikes, road bikes, dirt bikes, trucks, helicopters, planes, ATVs, Jet Skis, planes and helicopters.
- Missions can involve switching between the three protagonists.
- There will be no customisation of characters, as each character will have their own traits.
- In-game entertainment such as cartoons and other media will return.
- There are no romances planned at this stage.
- There will be cameos from previous GTA titles.
- There will be a multiplayer reveal in the coming months.
Grand Theft Auto V will release in Spring 2013 (Autumn if you're in the Southern hemisphere). A PC edition has yet to be confirmed.