The basic Sims 4 experience is great and all, but why be bound by the limitations of mere mortals? Once you enable Sims 4 cheats, your toolset as a creator can truly open up. Whether you want to grab some extra cash for a complete remodel, need certain skills for your sims, or want to build without worrying about the pesky grid, there's basically a cheat for everything. Play God without worrying about pesky little things like death.
This guide has recently been expanded with cheats from various Sims 4 expansions and stuff packs. Most expansions and game packs for The Sims 4 come with their own cheats for the traits, jobs, and deaths unique to that pack.
Want to expand your game further? There's always our roundup of the best Sims 4 mods.
How to enable cheats in Sims 4
To enable Sims 4 cheats, press Ctrl + Shift + C while in game to open the cheat console. Type your chosen cheat codes into the text field that opens and press enter.
For cheats marked as "shift click," you'll first need to type "testingCheats [true/false]" into the cheat menu. With testing cheats on, you can unlock some new Shift-Click menu options on Sims, objects, or the ground.
With testingCheats active, you'll be able to move Sims between families, fill up their needs and happiness bars, dirty or clean up objects, and teleport Sims anywhere you like, among a few others detailed below.
Sims 4 cheat codes
Shift + Click Sims 4 cheats
After typing testingCheats true in the cheat console, Shift+Click on Sims and objects for the following effects:
- Cheat Need > Make Happy: Sets all your Sim's motives to full and mood to Happy
- Cheat Need > Enable/Disable Need Decay: Allows or stops Sims from Need changes
- Reset Object: Works on Sims and objects to reset their status
- Add to Family: Adds a Sim not in your family to it
- Modify in CAS: Modify the Sim in Create-a-Sim aside from name and inherited traits
- Make Dirty/Clean: Use on an object to make it dirty or clean
- Teleport Sim: Shift+Click on the ground to teleport a Sim to that point
- Make head: Use on an object to stick it on top of your Sim's neck like a horrible chimera
Sims 4 money cheats
Spending all your money on groceries and bills is too much like real life. Why make your Sims start at the bottom when it's way more fun to start at the top? Enter any of these Sims 4 money cheat keywords into the cheat console to instantly gain stacks of cash.
- kaching: get 1,000 simoleons
- rosebud: get 1,000 simoleons (for The Sims veterans who remember it)
- motherlode: get 50,000 simoleons
- Money [#]: change household simoleons to an exact number
- FreeRealEstate [on/off]: enter this in neighborhood or world view to make all lots free
- household.autopay_bills [true/false]: Turn household bills on and off.
Sims 4 build and buy mode cheats
- modebb.moveobjects: Ignore placement rules for objects and put them anywhere you like
- bb.showhiddenobjects: Buy hidden objects
- bb.enablefreebuild: Build anywhere, even on locked lots
- bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement: Buy items locked by careers
With an object selected you can also press Shift + [ or Shift + ] to make an object smaller or larger.
Sims 4 live mode cheats
Things have a way of going entirely sideways in The Sims 4 when you lose track of time. Here are some cheats to get you out of (or into, if that's your thing) sticky situations:
- resetsim [firstname lastname]: Resets a stuck Sim
- sims.give_satisfaction_points [#]: Gives a Sim an amount of satisfaction points
- fillmotive motive_[motive]: Fills the specified motive, valid for: Bladder, Energy, Fun, Hunger, Hygiene, Social
- sims.fill_all_commodities: Fills the motives for all Sims in the household
- aspirations.complete_current_milestone: Completes a Sim's current aspiration goal and awards the matching points
To max out your Sim's skill in a specific area use stats.set_skill_level Major_Logic 10. Of course you can also set the value to something other than 10 if you don't want to max it out. Substitute "Major_Logic" for any of the following other skills:
For your child Sims, substitute with Skill_Child_[Creativity/Mental/Motor/Social] all of which also max out at 10.
After your Sims are all skilled up, you can also give them free promotions or add new careers.
Use careers.add_career [career] to add careers with names like "Actor", "Painter", "Writer", and so on.
careers.promote [career] and careers.remove [career] work in the same way to get a promotion or remove your Sim's job. You can also use careers.retire [career] to quit your job and collect a weekly pension.
Sims 4 friendship and romance cheats
If your Sims have the same problem making friends that I have in real life, the cheat console code relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others will instantly introduce your Sim to all their neighbors.
For an even easier icebreaker, relationships.create_friends_for_sim will spawn a new Sim on the lot already already friends with yours.
If you need more specific friendship (and romance) control, use the following to add and subtract from relationships between two Sims:
modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetSimFirstName] [TargetSimLastName] 100 LTR_Friendship_Main
Substitute "Friendship" for "Romance" to change romantic relationship values. Positive values will increase a relationship, while using a negative value (ex: -100) will decrease it.
Kill and un-kill your sims
To save your Sims from death entirely, use death.toggle [true/false]. For all your other deadly designs, use the following:
sims.add_buff Ghostly will turn your sim into a ghost for 4 in-game hours.
In the Sims 4 Vampire expansion, you can kill your fanged sims with stats.set_stat commodity_Vampire_SunExposure -100. You can also turn a regular Sim into sun-killed vampire with traits.equip_trait Vampire_Sun.
In the Seasons expansion there are a few ways to kill and resurrect your sims with seasonal effects. Use traits.[equip/remove]_trait Ghost_Overheat to create or undo a Sim who has died of heat. You can also substitute "Overheat" for "Frozen" or "Lightning". In the Jungle Adventure expansion you can use "poison" instead.
For death and resurrection cheats related to other expansion packs, check the sections below!
Sims 4 UI cheats
Use these handy UI cheats to remove game elements from your view or add extra utilities:
- headlineeffects [on/off]: Enables or disables headline effects like plumbobs and speech bubbles
- hovereffects [on/off]: Disable hover effect when you mouseover a Sim
- fullscreenToggle: Makes the game fullscreen/windowed
- fps [on/off]: Display the fps on screen
Sims 4 Snowy Escape cheats
The Sims 4: Snowy Escape is a Japan-themed expansion pack, letting your Sims vacation or live at Mt. Komorebi. There's skiing and snowboarding, hiking and rock-climbing, and some new skills and traits you can earn along the way (or cheat your way to earning).
Sims 4 Snowy Escape Lifestyle cheats
After pressing Control + Shift + C, enter testingcheats on into the console that appears in the top left corner of the screen. To add a Lifestyle, type traits.equip_trait and then one of the commands below. To remove a Lifestyle, type traits.remove_trait followed up one of the commands below.
Snowy Escape skill cheats
There are three new skills in Snowy Escape: Rock climbing, skiing, and snowboarding. To max them out to level 10, enter the following codes in the console.
- Stats.Set_Skill_Level Major_RockClimbing 10
- Stats.Set_Skill_Level Major_Skiing 10
- Stats.Set_Skill_Level Major_Snowboarding 10
If the commands above don't work, trying adding the word Adult before Major. See below:
Snowy Escape trait cheats
These cheats are for the new traits in Snowy Escape. Some are from the character creator, and others from completing tasks in the expansion. To add a trait, first type Traits.Equip_Trait and then one of the codes below. To remove a trait, type Traits.Remove_Trait followed by one of the codes below.
Sims 4 Batuu cheats
The Sims 4's sci-fi pack is a Star Wars-themed expansion on the world of Batuu. There are also a bunch of new cheats specific to the Batuu location, so make sure you're there or most of these cheats won't do anything.
Sims 4 Batuu Shift+Click cheats
After typing testingCheats true in the cheat console, Shift+Click on Sims and objects for the following Journey to Batuu cheats.
Free Batuu items: Shift+Click your Sim, choose Batuu Cheats, and then Give Batuu Items.
Change your Sim's faction reputation: Shift+Click your Sim, choose Batuu Cheats, then Batuu Reputation. This will let you set your allegiance with the First Order and Resistance, but be aware that gaining positive rep in one means negative rep in the other.
Change Faction world states: Shift+Click your Sim, choose Batuu Cheats, then Faction World States
Add Rey/Kylo Ren to your family: Shift+Click Kylo/Rey, choose Add to Family
Be aware that you'll obviously have to find either character in Batuu to add them to the family, so make sure your Faction World State is set to the right rank for either the First Order or Resistance.
Sims 4 Batuu skill cheats
Max out your Lightsaber skill by punching in the following code:
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_Fitness 10
As you can probably tell, your Lightsaber skill is actually drawn from your general Fitness stat, so that's what you want to max out to become a master Jedi. Ten is the max, but you're looking to set it to a particular value, just replace the 10 with any number between 1 and 9.
Sims 4 Batuu money cheat
If you want an unlimited supply of Galactic Credits, what you'll need to punch into the console.
- bucks.update_bucks_by_amount 512011000
Note that the "1000" at the end is the amount of Galactic Credits that you're giving your Sim. You can change that number to whatever, so go crazy with it.
Sims 4 Batuu clothing cheat
The following clothing cheat will unlock the full catalog of Journey to Batuu items, but know that you'll have to punch it in either in Create A Sim or the Dwelling in Batuu.
- cas.unlockbytag GP09
Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle cheats
Change Eco Footprint cheat
One of the first things you might be compelled to do with Eco Lifestyle cheats is change your neighborhood's Eco Footprint. If you just can't stand starting out with an industrial neighborhood, use eco_footprint.set_eco_footprint_state [#] with one of these numbers:
- 0 - Green Eco Footprint
- 1 - Neutral Eco Footprint
- 2 - Industrial Eco Footprint
Eco Lifestyle Shift + Click Cheats
After typing testingCheats true in the cheat console, Shift+Click on Sims and objects for the following Eco Lifestyle cheats:
Enact or Repeal Neighborhood Action Plans: Shift + Click on your Public Voting Board or Mailbox to instantly enact or repeal a NAP.
Get Influence: Shift + Click your Public Voting Board or Mailbox and choose "Give Sim Influence+15" to gain 15 Influence.
Get Bits and Pieces: Shift + Click on your Sim, choose "Give Bucks" and choose Bits or Pieces to get 500 of either. You can also Shift + Click on your Fabrication Machines and choose "Give Bits and Pieces" to get 50 of each.
Eco Lifestyle Career and Skill cheats
The Eco Lifestyle expansion adds the new Sim careers as a Freelance Maker and Civil Designer and a couple skills that relate to each.
As usual, use careers.[add/remove]_career [career] with either of the following career cheat codes:
In order to become a better freelance maker, you'll want to increase your Fabrication skill. Oh, and you may want to improve your juicing too. Here's how to level up your Eco Lifestyle Skills:
- stats.set_skill_level AdultMinor_JuiceFizzing [#] - Juice Fizzing max level is 5.
- stats.set_skill_level AdultMajor_Fabrication [#] - Fabrication maxes out at 10.
Eco Lifestyle Trait Cheats
There are lots of new traits in the Eco Lifestyle expansion. In the cheat console you can enter traits.equip_trait [trait code] with any of the following trait codes:
Champion of the People: trait_ChampionOfThePeople
Gain satisfaction when you gain Influence and get more gifts from other Sims
Create Eco-Updates faster and faster and get more parts when recycling
Must Of The Maker: trait_MasterMaker
Fabricate items at a reduced cost
Influential Individual: trait_Nature_InfluentialIndividual
Other Sims will be more Influenced by this Sim
Eco Master: trait_eco_master
Inspire other Sims to become Eco-conscious
These Sims like taking chances on investments
Become focused while creating better products in the juice Fizzer
Master Crafter: trait_makerNPC
Inspire fabrication recipes in other Sims
Sims 4 Discover University cheats
Discover University Career cheats
Get promoted in any of the school-specific careers and part time jobs. You can also use careers.[add/remove]_career [Education/Engineering/Law] to get the job you'd like.
- Careers.Promote Education - promotes your Teacher or Professor
- Careers.Promote Engineering - promotes your Mechanical or Computer Engineer
- Careers.Promote Law - promotes your Judge or Private Attorney
Discover University skill cheats
Use either of the two cheats below to set your desired level in Discover University's two new skills.
- Stats.Set_Skill_Level Major_Robotics [#] -
- Stats.set_Skill_level Major_ResearchDebate [#]
Shift+Click cheats for Discover University
After typing testingCheats true in the cheat console, Shift+Click on your Sims in Live Mode to enroll in university immediately.
Shift click on a Robotics Table to "Spawn Crafting Supplies" which will give you 50 of everything in the current Sim's inventory.
Sims 4 Island Living cheats
The most recent Sims 4 expansion, Island Living, has plenty of cheats for altering the new careers and traits that it adds. We've listed many of them here!
Becoming a merperson
- traits.[equip/remove]_trait trait_OccultMermaid: Turn your Sim into a merperson or back into a normal Sim
- traits.equip_trait_OccultMermaid_MermaidForm: Toggles a mer tail on land
Island Living Career cheats
Get promoted in any of the island-specific careers and part time jobs:
- careers.[add/remove]_career Conservationist: Add or remove the Conservationist career
- careers.promote Conservationist: Get promoted in the Conservationist career
- careers.promote PartTime_[Diver/Fisherman/Lifeguard]: Get promoted in the part time job of your choice
- careers.promote Teen_Lifeguard: Get promoted in the Lifeguard job as a Teen
Island Living Trait cheats
Use trait.[equip/remove]_trait [trait name] to equip or remove any of the following Island Living traits:
(Yes, the "trait_" at the beginning IS a part of the trait's name!)
- trait_BeachBum_LaidBack: Laid back Sims never become tense
- trait_Hidden_IslandAncestor_Elemental: Island Ancestor Sims can increase the quality of plants and...summon volcanic bombs?
- trait_NaturalSpeaker: Natural Speakers are great at rubbing elbows and enthusing other Sims
- trait_FriendOfTheSea: These Sims become friends with dolphins and merpeople easier than others
Shift+Click cheats for Island Living
After typing testingCheats true in the cheat console, Shift+Click on your Sims in Live Mode to give them tans and burns or lock the current sun-affected tint of your Sim's skin.
Start the party with an eruption
On a lot with the "Volcanic Activity" trait, use volcanic_eruption [small/large] to make lava bombs rain from the sky onto your lot.
Sims 4 Get Famous cheats
Getting more famous in Get Famous
If you want to climb the fame ladder, you can use the super simple famepoints [#] which will add the number of fame points to your currently selected Sim.
Get Famous career, skill, and trait cheats
Before you work on getting promoted you can also use careers.[add/remove]_career [Actor.DramaClub] if you've not started your path to stardom the non-cheat way.
- careers.promote Actor - promotes your Sim in the acting career
- careers.promote DramaClub - promotes your kid Sim in the Drama Club
You'll also want to set your skill levels for the Get Famous pack if you're in a bind.
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Acting [#] - Acting skill maxes out at 10
- stats.set_skill_level Minor_Media [#] - Media Production maxes out at 5
Last up, you might want one of the special traits that your Sims can have as part of Get Famous.
- traits.equip_trait WorldRenownedActor - Renowned actors never fail at an acting action
- traits.equip_trait UnstoppableFame - Unstoppable Sims never experience Fame decay over time and aren't ruffled by Paparazzi.
Sims 4 Seasons cheats
Cheats for changing the season
You can't change the season at will after creating a new world, so you'll have to use a cheat instead. Or, you know, live through each season in Live Mode but that would take way too long.
Use seasons.set_season [#] to change it at will. Each season is represented by a number:
- Summer: 0
- Fall: 1
- Winter: 2
- Spring: 3
You can also use seasons.advance_season to go forward in time by just one season.
Seasons death cheats
To kill your Sims in Seasons-specific ways, use the cheat traits.equip_trait [trait] to turn them into a ghost killed by any of the following:
You can use traits.remove_trait [trait] to un-kill your Sims in the same way.
Seasons skills, careers, and traits
Use careers.promote [career] to rank your Sim up in one of the Seasons careers:
- Adult_Gardener: Levels up your Botanist or Florist
- Scout: Levels up your Teen or Kid Sim in the scouting line
Use stats.set_skill_level [skill] [#] to set your Sim's proficiency in these Seasons skills:
- statistic_skill_AdultMajor_FlowerArranging: Max level for Flower Arranging is 10
- Hidden_Skating 5: Max level for skating is 5
With traits.equip_trait [trait] you can also make your Sims invulnerable to some Seasons-specific damage types (like lightning strikes). Here are all the traits you can equip in Seasons:
- Stormchaser: Your Sim loves terrifying weather!
- Waterproof: Your Sim won't get wet, even in the rain.
- IceMan: Iceproof Sims are negatively affected by the cold.
- BurningMan: Burnproof Sims love the heat.
- HeatAcclimation: Acclimated Sims are slightly less affected by hot conditions.
- ColdAcclimation: Same goes for cold acclimation.
- ScoutingAptitude: Your Sim will earn Scouting experience faster.
- FatherWinterBaby: Your Sim is...Santa's baby?
Sims 4 Cats & Dogs cheats
Pets skills, careers, and traits
Sims 4: Cats & Dogs adds the Veterinarian career and several pet-related traits. Here's how to set them to your liking for your animal aficionados. Remember to first use testingcheats true before the rest of these cheats!
Use stats.set_skill_level [skill] [#] to change your Sims' level in these pets abilities:
- Major_Vet: The veterinary skill tops out at 10.
- skill_Dog: Your Sim's ability to train pets goes up to 5.
You can use traits.equip_trait Attraction to have your Sim's relationships with animals begin at a higher level.
You can use the following cheats to change your Sims' status in the Vet career path:
- careers.add_career Vet
- careers.promote Vet
- careers.remove_career Vet
- careers.retire Vet
Killing and un-killing your pets
traits.equip_trait Ghost_OldAge [Pet ID] will turn your pet into a ghost if you are either an absolute monster or (spoiler alert) attempting an elaborate Sim version of John Wick. To get your pet's ID (you monster), use sims.get_sim_id_by_name [PetFirstName] [PetLastName]
You should also be able to resurrect your pets with traits.remove_trait Ghost_OldAge [Pet ID].