PC Gamer UK Podcast 40
Dr Who Adventure Games, Splinter Cell Conviction, and the £500 ultra PC: Lo, the clarion call of awkward games journalists rings out from the mountains! It can only be Podcat Eve. Download the new episode, or subscribe here. Games discussed this month: Splinter Cell: Conviction, Starcraft 2, Dr Who: The Adventure Games, Brothers In Arms, Just Cause 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2. Full details of the subjects under scrutiny follow.
- The pain and pleasure of Starcraft 2.
- More on the Doctor Who Adventure Games, and why they're PC only.
- Splinter Cell: Conviction's violent streak.
- Why the Brothers In Arms games were awesome.
- Modding Just Cause 2 to insanity.
- How a £500 PC can run Just Cause 2 at 1920x1200 and record full resolution video of everything you do while running at a steady 30 fps.
- Ode to the M60 in Battlefield Bad Company 2.
- What's up with Alan Wake.
- What games from the past we'd like to see remade.
- At the very end, with plenty of warning, we discuss the genius of Mass Effect 2's ending.