The Walking Dead
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Telltale Games
US Publisher: Telltale Games
Developer: Telltale Games
Age Rating: ESRB Mature | PEGI 18
Telltale - masters of the episodic adventure game - have knocked it out of the park for The Walking Dead season 1, a five-part series based on the long-running comic by Robert Kirkman. Rightly figuring that the zombies aren't the most interesting part of the zombocalypse - it's the choices we make to try and stay alive - this award-winning series presents you with a number of tough decisions, before showing their effects over the course of subsequent episodes.
It's a true modern adventure game, prioritising story and character development over obscure pixel hunts, a focus that makes the wait between episodes tough to bear. You can now play the entire first season in one go, should you desire - but that won't make the wait for season 2 any easier.
VerdictRead the review
By some creative miracle, modest difficulty and interaction are outweighed by genuinely great survival storytelling.
Latest on The Walking Dead
The Walking Dead season two's debut episode All That Remains was released on December 17, and it looks like the ...
- Walking Dead Season 2 starts December 17
- The Walking Dead Season 2 to be released this month, Telltale confirm Omid's return
- The Walking Dead: Season Two will star Clementine, premieres this year
- The Walking Dead panel confirms Clementine will appear in Season 2
- The Walking Dead: 400 Days launch trailer gives its survivors a bad time
- The Walking Dead: 400 Days preview
- The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC appears in the Steam Apps Database
- The Walking Dead and other Telltale adventures fall victim to the Humble Weekly Sale
- The Walking Dead's second season won't rise until Autumn 2014 [Updated]
- Telltale: "Anything is possible" for Walking Dead second season