World of Warcraft
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
US Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
Developer: Blizzard Entertainment
Age Rating: ESRB Teen | PEGI 12
The world's most subscribed MMO, and the game that transformed Blizzard into the behemoth it is today. World of Warcraft set the mold for the next decade of MMORPGs - only now are they really starting to step out from its gargantuan shadow.
But that's the legacy. WoW is still enormously entertaining in the here and now, boasting a huge, detailed world in the form of Azeroth, which becomes increasingly huge over the course of many excellent expansions.
Latest on World of Warcraft
Last year, Blizzard announced that World of Warcraft players who buy the Warlords of Draenor expansion could boost one character ...
- World of Warcraft and Second Life under surveillance, claims leaked NSA documents
- World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2 get heavy discounts in Blizzard's Black Friday sale
- Warcraft and Warcraft 2 could be resurrected for modern PCs
- A new WoW expansion? Blizzard trademarks Warlords of Draenor
- World of Warcraft 5.4 trailer previews the new features releasing later today
- Free-to-play "makes sense" for Blizzard at some point
- World of Warcraft 5.4 trailer makes pandas more endangered
- World of Warcraft to add "connected realms," Blizzard's solution to low population servers
- Blizzard's Project Titan now "unlikely" to be a subscription MMO
- World of Warcraft subscription numbers continue steady slide to fewer than 8 million players