Infestation: Survivor Stories (formerly "The War Z")
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: OP Productions
US Publisher: OP Productions
Developer: Hammerpoint Interactive
Age Rating: ESRB Pending | PEGI Pending
Massive rip-off of Day Z it may be, but you have to give developers Hammerpoint Interactive credit for failing to live up to it in every way. There's the basis for a good game buried deep, deep down here, but it's obvious that it was rushed out the door many months before being finished, in order to pip Day Z's standalone release to the post. A deeply cynical and hugely flawed zombie survival game, then - and one that, perhaps unsurprisingly, just refuses to die.
The War Z was recently removed from Steam due to its misleading description. It's now back, and we don't recommend you buy it.
VerdictRead the review
A shameless knock-off that repeats many of DayZ’s problems. Worst audio ever. Bullets for sale? Really?
Latest on Infestation: Survivor Stories (formerly "The War Z")
Here's a news story that doubles up as a Public Service Announcement. If you stumble across a game called Infestation: ...
- The War Z's servers brought down by hackers
- The War Z creator apologizes to players for "arrogance," promises improvements
- DayZ creator Dean Hall on The War Z fiasco
- The War Z interview: Sergey Titov responds to backlash, sale removal from Steam
- The War Z apologises to players who "misread" false Steam information [Update: no longer buyable on Steam]
- The War Z enters beta, expands map and adds new characters and items
- What do we think of the The War Z alpha?
- Giveaway: Win The War Z
- Giveaway: Win this absurd $2,800 Origin PC courtesy of The War Z
- The War Z developer Hammerpoint "doesn't mind" comparisons to DayZ