UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Trion Worlds
US Publisher: Trion Worlds
Developer: Trion Worlds
Age Rating: ESRB Mature | PEGI 18
Developed in tandem with the ridiculously titled SyFy channel's TV show of the same name, Defiance is a futuristic MMO with outlandish weaponry and giant alien monsters set in the smouldering ruins of San Francisco. (What did San Francisco ever do to deserve that?) Developed by Rift's Trion Worlds, the game features similar 'dynamic events' called Arkfalls, AKA bits of alien ships that occasionally come crashing down to Earth.
Latest on Defiance
Clearly I'm not the person you want to count on in a future world of aliens, Arc Hunters and cross-media ...
- Defiance beta weekend giveaway - 500 keys must go!
- Defiance release date set for April, live action trailer deployed
- Defiance beta key giveaway: a sci-fi MMO shooter with a TV series and a touch of Monster Hunter
- Defiance trailer shows massive co-op; sign-ups for first beta event now open
- Defiance PvP hands-on preview
- New Defiance trailer highlights giant monsters, laser weapons, and offroading ATVs
- First Defiance gameplay trailer shows off massively-multiplayer bug shooting
- MMO Defiance to star (actor starring as) Jesus Christ (in forthcoming film)
- Defiance screenshots show first in-game images
- E3 2011: Defiance preview. We go hands on with Rift creator's sci-fi shooter MMO