Has it really been ten years since we last partnered with bespectacled scientist Gordon Freeman, and his daring sidekick Alyx Vance? It has! Which is why PCG UK 310 has that gorgeous luminous orange lambda scrawled over its cover.
Inside The Half-Life Issue, Andy chats exclusively to the makers of third-party remake Black Mesa, and we celebrate Half-Life 2 with analysis, stories and jokes in our five-part retrospective.
Elsewhere, you'll find the second half of our massive history of FPS games feature, and Steven gets to grips with the first MechWarrior campaign in 15 years. Previews this month include the new-to-PC Final Fantasy 15, Biomutant, Anno 1800 and more. And if that's not enough for you, this month's issue comes with free games: Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate, and a Sudden Strike 4 demo.
Issue 310 is on shelves now and available on all your digital devices from , the (opens in new tab) and (they may be slow to update—look for that glowing Half-Life logo on the front). You can also order direct from (opens in new tab) or (opens in new tab) to save yourself some cash, receive monthly deliveries and enjoy our exclusive subscriber covers. This month's is an absolute belter:
- Andy gets exclusive access to Half-Life remake Black Mesa.
- We celebrate Half-Life 2 in our five-part retrospective.
- Steven plays the first MechWarrior campaign in 15 years.
- Part two of our colossal history of FPS games feature.
- Tom recreates the PCG team for his review of XCOM 2's new expansion.
- XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, Rez Infinite, LawBreakers and more reviewed.
- Final Fantasy 15, Biomutant, Anno 1800 and more previewed.
- Our CPU cooler group test.
- And much more!