And so passes E3 for yet another year, bringing our usual dose of bright lights, loud music and perfunctory publisher conferences to a welcomed halt. Destiny 2 was one of the LA show's biggest stars, which is why we've made the online-only multiplayer FPS this month's cover star. Read Tom's thoughts on why you should be excited about the game and its inimitable sci-fi guns.
Elsewhere inside, our resident MMO expert Steven Messner tours the genre’s most important moments, while Chris Thursten offers his verdict on the diverse factions and striking menus of Amplitude's Endless Space 2. Montana native James Davenport combs over Far Cry 5, and we chat to the man/cyber pirate who hunts EVE Online’s biggest, most expensive ships for fun.
Previews this month include Middle-earth: Shadow of War, XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, Forza Motorsport 7, and much more. And if all of that isn't enough for you, this month's issue comes with a free game AND a free poster—the latter of which details every PC Gamer review score in the history of PC Gamer review scores. (That's 5,000 games, by the way.)
Issue 307 is on shelves now and available on all your digital devices from Google Play, the App Store and Zinio (they may be slow to update—look for the mysterious cloaked Destiny dude on the front). You can also order direct from My Favourite Magazines or purchase a subscription to save yourself some cash, receive monthly deliveries and enjoy our exclusive subscriber covers. We say this every month, but this month's is a pure cracker:
- Tom Senior explains why you should be excited for Destiny 2.
- MMO expert Steven Messner tours the genre's most important moments.
- Chris Thursten offers his verdict on Endless Space 2.
- Montana native James Davenport checks out Far Cry 5.
- We chat to the man who hunts EVE Online’s biggest, most expensive ships.
- Friday the 13th, ESO: Morrowind, Dirt 4 and more reviewed.
- Shadow of War, XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, Forza 7 and more previewed.
- Our processors group test.
- And much more!