Gears 5 is now widely available (the standard edition released today) and our review is up, in case you haven't read it already (we also have an in-depth performance analysis). Right on cue, Nvidia has made available a new "Game Ready" GPU driver that brings performance optimizations Gears 5 and other games, to GeForce graphics card owners.
"Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including virtual reality games. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1," Nvidia explains.
Nvidia's driver team focused on a handful of games with this driver release. In addition to Gears 5, the 436.30 driver package is tuned to deliver the best performance in the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare open beta, Borderlands 3, The Surge 2, FIFA 20, and Code Vein.
That's six games in all, whereas Nvidia's Game Ready driver releases typically focus on 1-3 titles. In addition, Nvidia has validated several more "G-Sync Compatible" monitors. They include:
- Acer VG252Q
- Acer XV273 X
- Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q
- Gigabyte FI27Q-P
- LG 27GL650
- LG 27GL63T
Nvidia's driver team stomped out a bunch of bugs as well. They include:
- [Fortnite][CS:Go]: Eliminated cases of stutter when Ultra low latency mode was enabled.
- [Forza Motorsport 6/7]: The game may crash during gameplay.
- [World of Warcraft]: The game may flicker at the character-selection screen.
- [Notebook][GeForce GTX 970M]: The GPU clock speed on some notebooks is stuck at the base clock speed and does not boost.
- [GeForce RTX 20 series][Forza Horizon 4][Gears of War 4][Gears 5]: Colored corruption may appear on some surfaces throughout the game.
- [Firefox][G-SYNC]: When G-SYNC is enabled, flickering occurs with YouTube fullscreen video playback on FireFox when hovering over the timeline.
- [Control][DirectX 12][Pascal GPUs]: Blue-screen crash occurs pointing to nvlddmkm.sys when in-game software Ray Tracing is enabled.