The Canyon can be a treacherous place, so here's a quick description of the various locales to help you get your bearings:
- Entrance-Elyos (Westgate)/Asmodian (Eastgate): You are free to use the exits from within the Silentera Canyon at any time, but you may only enter the Canyon if your race owns each of the fortresses in their zone. You cannot use the opposing race's entrances. In addition, attempting to block the opposing faction's entrance is inadvisable as it is guarded by many enemy NPCs, not to mention a steep cliff face.
- Inggison Exit: There are three exits to Inggison on the left half of the Silentera Canyon. Either race can use these exits. While you are able to exit the Canyon to Inggison from here, you cannot re-enter the Canyon from these points.
- Gelkmaros Exit: There are three exits to Gelkmaros on the right half of the Silentera Canyon. Either race can use these exits. While you are able to exit the Canyon to Gelkmaros from here, you cannot re-enter the Canyon from these points.
- One-way Path Areas: Due to steep cliffs in a non-flight area, some pathways are one-way only. These cliffs can be seen on the map, so keep them in mind when navigating the corridors of Silentera.
- Guard Appearance Area: Guard NPCs are located near the entrances of each race. These guards are very strong and move between the designated areas in groups of two.
- Beshmundir Temple Entrance: The entrance to the Beshmundir Temple is located at the Southern tip of the Silentera Canyon. This is a Group instanced dungeon with a level 55 requirement.
- Token Exchange NPC: Near the entrances of each race, Daily Quest Tokens can be exchanged with NPCs. You can trade 6 Progress Tokens for 1 Fortuneer or Radiant Ops Token or 6 Fortuneer Tokens for 6 Radiant Ops Tokens.
- Brand-name Apparel NPC: There are NPCs in the Silentera Canyon that sell the opposing race's brand-name apparel that was introduced with the 1.9 patch. However, they appear randomly at high-risk locations, so you won't be able to find them easily.
Jotun Square is a place to which all passageways of Silentera Canyon connect. Therefore, battles between Elyos and Asmodians are common here. In the Jotun Square, Elite level 55 monsters called “Jotun” roam along with several other monsters. Because the Jotun use stun skills, they can act as outside variables during heated PvP battles. You must be careful when battling near them.
Hope's Demise is where the entrance to the Beshmundir Temple lies. Since the Beshmundir Temple instanced dungeon is shared by Elyos and Asmodians, there are always dangers within Hope's Demise. Players attempting to enter the temple as well as those only interested in the Balaur outside must always watch out for enemy players because the area is so open.
If you're wondering how Hope's Demise got its name, look no further than the brutes that guard it.
The Beshmundir Temple is an Instanced Dungeon located deep within the Silentera Canyon. A total of 15 named monsters appear, making it a place where players can obtain high quality weapons and armor. Upon entering, players can adjust the difficulty and have a chance to obtain Eternal set items on the most difficult level.