UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Electronic Arts UK
US Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Electronic Arts
Age Rating: ESRB Mature | PEGI 18
As enjoyable as the classic Bullfrog sci-fi strategy game Syndicate is, it's sorely lacking in both dubstep and first-person shooting - so thank goodness EA rectified this mistake for the series' 2012 reboot.
As the improbably named Agent Miles Kilo, your job is to shoot lots of people, while remotely hacking the environment and even people's heads, and doing your best to evade your arch-nemesis: lens flare.
OK, so it's not the sequel, remake or reboot we wanted, it cynically exploits our nostalgia and mangles everything we loved about the original games, but...oh. It has a pretty good four-player co-op mode?
VerdictRead the review
Syndicate’s confused storyline gives way to passable shooting overlaid with a pointless layer of hacking frippery.
Latest on Syndicate
Obviously inspired by the events of their recently released Syndicate, Swedish developers Starbreeze are out to get Overkill Software, the ...
- Syndicate trailer probes brains, hacks into mainframes
- Syndicate trailer shows agent armoury
- Syndicate preview
- Four Syndicate operatives, eight minutes of cooperative rata-tata-tata
- Syndicate trailer and screenshots show four player co-op mode
- EA: There's "scope" for a strategic Syndicate remake, "loads of potential" on PC
- Syndicate trailer pits old future against new
- Syndicate trailer shows off homicidal partner and brain hack
- Syndicate trailer has hi-tech dubstep and mind hacks
- Syndicate release date set for February 2012