Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Valve
US Publisher: Valve
Age Rating: ESRB Adults Only | PEGI 18
Global Offensive is the second remake of Valve's classic multiplayer team shooter, Counter-Strike, rendered in an updated version of the Source engine with new maps, new modes, and integration into the Steam Workshop system that lets players share mods. It was created by Valve and Hidden Path Entertainment, who consulted closely with esports players to try and create a modernised but authentic version of Counter-Strike. In spite of all that effort, many players have stuck with CS 1.6.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive was originally designed to support cross-platform play with Playstation 3 gamers, but the idea was canned due to update limitations on the console version. Global Offensive is still well tuned for controller use, however, and works well with Steam's TV-friendly Big Picture mode.
VerdictRead the review
A $15 invitation to reconnect with a classic FPS.
Latest on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
There are a number of small ways you can humiliate your opponents in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. A classic move is ...
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update adds weapon stickers, underhand grenade throws
- Bravo, encore! Counter-Strike: Global Offensive's Operation Bravo event extended
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive's seasonal update brings new maps and deadly gifts
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive launches second community map event, Operation Bravo
- CS:GO's "Operation Payback" extended to the end of this month
- CS:GO's Operation Payback generates over $150,000 for community map makers
- Come play Counter-Strike:GO on our new Arms Race server
- CS:GO update adds de_mirage, visual grenade arcs
- CS:GO community to regulate itself through "Overwatch"
- CS:GO free weekend starts today, runs until Sunday