StarCraft II tech support
The day we've all been waiting for is here! StarCraft II has launched, and most of you are probobly too busy playing to even read this post. However, we're here for the unlucky souls who bought the game only to find they can't get it to run. We've compiled a list of known issues that we will update throughout the day with known solutions. If you guys have any problems, feel free to leave them in the comments and we'll try to help out!
Q – On my Nvidia card during cutscenes, framerates drop into the single digits.
- A – Change the shaders option from Ultra to high. This is a known issue with the cutscenes due to the models.
Q – Compatibility modes don’t work
- A- Attempting to run StarCraft 2 on a compatibility mode (Windows XP SP3 from Windows 7, for example) will make it crash. Please run the game normally.
Known issue –
Certain screens make your hardware work pretty hard
Screens that are light on detail may make your system overheat if cooling is overall insufficient. This is because the game has nothing to do so it is primarily just working on drawing the screen very quickly. A temporary workaround is to go to your Documents\StarCraft II Beta\variables.txt file and add these lines:
Q – I see nothing but a black screen!
- A – There have been multiple reports of black screen issues being related to the use of a Quick Cam webcam. Uninstall the software for the camera in order to resolve the problem.
There are also reports where some security programs like Comodo firewall can cause the game to black screen
Q – Starcraft keeps crashing and I’ve got funny lines on my screen. How can this be with my l33t overclocked rig?!?
- A – You’ve just stated your problem I’m afraid. StarCraft II will tax your processor more than most recent games. You should remove your overclock and try again.
Q - I get a message telling me that "There is a temporary out age of Battle.net. Please try again later."
- A - Log into Battle.net and reset your password. Battle.net should work for you again within 30 min.