UK Publisher: Crytek
US Publisher: Crytek
Developer: Crytek Studios
Age Rating: ESRB |
Warface may sound like the sort of name The Onion might come up with for a fictitious military shooter, but its excessive videogameyness is actually rather knowing. Far from being a grim and gritty vision of a man-made hell, Warface is a chirpily fast-paced blast-em-up, with frantic acrobatic slides, silly upgrades and stompy robots. It'll be free-to-play, too - although exactly how its microtransactions break down will vary between regions.
VerdictRead the review
A middling contender in the most oversubscribed genre around. Trades too hard on being free.
Latest on Warface
As this cinematic Warface trailer makes clear, online multiplayer shooters are a lot like Chess. You remember Chess, the game ...
- Warface hands-on: the silliest name in games conceals a F2P shooter of serious ambition
- Crytek reaffirms goal for free-to-play transition within five years
- The WARFACE closed beta is now live
- PC Gamer UK Podcast: Episode 81 - Gritty Gritty Bang Bang
- Five million Russians are practising their Warface
- How to install Warface, Crytek's upcoming F2P shooter, and play right now
- Crytek going "entirely free-to-play" with future projects
- Crytek talk different cultures' take on free-to-play
- Warface E3 trailer shoots your misconceptions about free to play IN THE FACE
- Warface registers one million players in Russia