UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Sony Online Entertainment
US Publisher: Sony Online Entertainment
Developer: Sony Online Entertainment
Age Rating: ESRB Teen | PEGI 16
An MMOFPS with the emphasis on ‘Massively’, PlanetSide 2 makes other shooters look quaint thanks to its enormous maps, bountiful vehicle selection and support for up to 2000 simultaneous players. As one of three rival factions, you're fighting for control of the planet Auraxis, and for once (well, not counting the original game) it truly feels like you're engaged in proper mass-scale warfare.
It might put your PC through its paces, but at least it won't trouble your wallet: PlanetSide 2 is free-to-play. While there are cash shop purchases, they're thankfully restricted to cosmetic or time-saving features, keeping players on an even keel.
VerdictRead the review
Technically astounding mass-scale warfare that spews out gaming fantasy fulfilment. Bring a friend, or you’ll get lonely.
Latest on PlanetSide 2
SOE's Player Studio program allows players to earn money submitting new EverQuest or Planetside items for consideration by each game's ...
- Planetside 2's PU02 patch brings more optimisation, holiday distractions, and an absurd number of balance changes
- Planetside 2 could get personal progression system to add long term goals
- Planetside 2's anniversary brings birthday bundle, contest to turn player stories into graphic novel
- Planetside 2's first Performance Update goes live, makes faster game
- SOE will ban players for online abuse outside of their games
- Planetside 2 trailer introduces the swamp continent of Hossin
- PlanetSide 2 update adds 'lattice system' to Esamir. Mmm, lattice system
- Possible PlanetSide 2 character buffs stir up community
- PlanetSide 2's Battle Island to bring smaller scale skirmishes with an e-sports focus
- PlanetSide 2 to include user-generated missions from August