Natural Selection 2
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Unknown Worlds Entertainment
US Publisher: Unknown Worlds Entertainment
Developer: Unknown Worlds Entertainment
Age Rating: ESRB Pending | PEGI Pending
Natural Selection's ingenious blend of first-person shooting and real-time strategising returns in a fully fledged release - the original being a Half-Life mod - that takes two great genres and twists them into something unique.
On the surface, this is a relatively standard (albeit asymmetrical) team-based multiplayer shooter, but with a twist. Twist being that each side - the human marines and the alien Kharaa - has a commander building structures and bellowing orders to the troops on the ground. The result is an evolutionary, brilliant, tactical RTS shooter, and one that fans of either genre shouldn't miss.
VerdictRead the review
Evolutionary shooter that creates an involving, sometimes terrifying,
Latest on Natural Selection 2
If you played Natural Selection back in the day, you'll probably remember the Eclipse map, which according to its creators ...
- Natural Selection 2 developer deactivates over a thousand Steam keys, warns of "shady" resellers
- Natural Selection 2's Lua-based IDE released as open source, use it to make your own game
- Indie and Mod DB narrows top 100 nominations for pick of the year
- Natural Selection 2 by the numbers: 144,000 copies sold in first week
- Natural Selection 2 releases tonight, read this if you want to live
- Natural Selection 2: evolve or die in the standalone sequel to the hit Half-Life mod
- Natural Selection 2 pre-order slithers onto Steam for October release
- Natural Selection 2 trailer reveals giant mech suit, makes it fight alien rhino
- PC Gamer's Best of E3 Awards
- PC Gamer's staff favorites of E3