Dark Souls II
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Namco
US Publisher: Namco
Developer: From Software
Age Rating: ESRB Pending | PEGI Pending
We know very little about Dark Souls II, but what we do know is troubling: that the original game's visionary director Hidetaka Miyazaki isn't returning to fulfill the same role on the sequel. He'll be supervising new directors Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, who have so far made worrying noises regarding opening up some of the game's more closely guarded secrets.
It's also come to light that there will be no direct connection between the two games' stories, with Dark Souls II taking place in an entirely different part of the mysterious world.
Latest on Dark Souls II
Yesterday, we finally confirmed that the PC version of Dark Souls 2 will arrive on PC on April 25. Today, ...
- Dark Souls 2 beta footage shows new inventory, nicer animation, jolly co-operation
- Dark Souls 2 director focused on balancing the game's difficulty
- Dark Souls 2's new engine will allow for subtler expression and gimmicks, says co-director
- Player character miraculously endures entire E3 2013 Dark Souls 2 trailer without dying
- Dark Souls II director promises "more care" for the PC version, after original's "half-assed" port
- Dark Souls II will focus on "freedom" and "accessibility," looks gorgeous
- Dark Souls II screenshots leaked
- Check out the massive Dark Souls 2 feature in Edge magazine's free iPad sampler
- Dark Souls 2 announced