Metro: Last Light
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: THQ
US Publisher: THQ
Developer: 4A Games
Age Rating: ESRB Mature | PEGI 16
Metro 2033 reminded the world that the linear shooter can be every bit as creative and engaging as the more open-world kind. As returning hero Artyom, you’re once again plunged into the metro tunnels beneath Moscow, the only inhabitable part of the city after that whole apocalypse thing transformed the Earth into an irradiated wasteland.
Defined by its claustrophobic atmosphere, its potential for stealth and its unique bullets-as-currency mechanic, the Metro games are pretty much essential for fans of Stalker or survival horror.
VerdictRead the review
A brilliantly realised world wrapped around a story-driven shooter that occasionally forgets you want to play it.
Latest on Metro: Last Light
Steam Machines are coming soon. Very soon. In fact, they're supposed to come as soon as early 2014. Even ...
- Metro: Last Light FOV patch released, also fixes AMD issues
- Former THQ president details brutal working conditions at Metro: Last Light dev 4A Games
- If Metro: Last Light Ranger Mode is "the way it was meant to be played" why isn't it included for all players? We ask Koch
- Metro: Last Light "Redemption" trailer ponders the hope of humanity, the stabbing of mutants
- Metro: Last Light video explores the tools of survival
- Metro: Last Light system specs reveal the price of post-apocalyptic survival
- Metro: Last Light survival video advises taking the offensive route
- Metro: Last Light preview - we venture deep into 4A Games' gloomy Muscovite shooter
- Ranger mode returns in Metro: Last Light for pre-purchasers
- Metro: Last Light trailer shows brooding in-game footage [Update: plus free Metro 2033]