The Elder Scrolls Online
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Bethesda
US Publisher: Bethesda
Developer: Zenimax Online Studios
Age Rating: ESRB Pending | PEGI Pending
Set around 1,000 years before the dragons came back in Skyrim, and around 800 years before Sean Bean turned into a big dragon-thing in Oblivion, The Elder Scrolls Online is the first in Bethesda's long-running RPG series to feature multiplayer, not to mention the first since the original to let us trammel all over Tamriel - or most of it at least.
You know the drill by now: you pick one of nine races - the human Imperials still feature, but are no longer playable - and decide on a bunch of cool-sounding skills, before completely ignoring the plot and running off to explore a nearby hill. The major difference here is that you can now do that with other people, joining one of the three factions currently warring over the Emperor's throne, should you so desire.
VerdictRead the review
A few well-designed systems struggle to overcome lifeless presentation. Capable, but ultimately hard to recommend.
Latest on The Elder Scrolls Online
Nick Konkle, Lead Gameplay Designer of The Elder Scrolls Online, is similar to many of the other developers we’ve featured ...
- Elder Scrolls Online end-game content options explained in new developer post
- The Elder Scrolls Online has a new CGI trailer and some pre-order pricing
- Elder Scrolls Online video shows off group content, Dark Anchor battles
- Ryan Dancey defends Elder Scrolls Online's subscription fee
- The Elder Scrolls Online's game director explains how to become Emperor, and why you'd want to
- The Elder Scrolls Online's Brian Wheeler details PvP, map size and more
- The Elder Scrolls Online release date announced; new trailer is live and shouty
- The Elder Scrolls Online trailer bigs up character progression, ability morphing
- The Elder Scrolls Online trailer details character creation, is marked improvement over Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online will tailor dungeons to group play, offer "rare locales" for solo players