Rather than one heavily focused week of E3 press conferences we're basically sliding through a summer-long schmear of them this year, as various publishers, studios, and media outlets make announcements over the course of June and July. It's different, to be sure, but there's still a heck of a lot to keep up with!
This past Saturday we hosted our annual PC Gaming Show (opens in new tab), EA Play happened on Thursday, and there's been plenty of other news along the way as IGN, Guerrilla Collective, and the Future Games Show all hosted events and broadcasts.
So many games. And so much news! Here are the biggest PC gaming stories from this week:
The PC Gaming Show
Dean Hall announced Icarus, and while the teaser trailer didn't show us all that much, it sounds like an interesting, session-based take on survival—and it'll be free to play when it launches in 2021. Here's everything we know about Icarus so far (opens in new tab).
We got a nice look at the upcoming and expansive city map, and learned that the Customs map is getting bigger, too.
It's the earliest setting the Total War series has tackled.
The port of the PS Vita version of the PS2 game finally made its way to PC. We've got a glowing review here, too (opens in new tab).
And there was lots, lots more on our show! You can see everything else that was announced on The PC Gaming Show right here (opens in new tab).
There are some promising details in the few minutes of footage from Squadrons, which is due out October 2. James broke down more about the combat, too (opens in new tab).
EA has been busy moving lots of games to Steam lately, including The Sims 4 and Titanfall 2.
That's great news, but at this early stage we don't really know anything about it, except that it's happening.
Fans held their breath but there was no official announcement, just a few tantalizing glimpses of what Bioware is working on. Which is probably Dragon Age 4.
- Cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed again (opens in new tab)
- Blizzard has banned over 74,000 World of Warcraft Classic accounts (opens in new tab)
- Baldur's Gate 3 is coming to Early Access in August, probably (opens in new tab)
- If Nvidia Ampere graphics cards feature a second processor I'll eat my 2080 Ti (opens in new tab)
- Minecraft's Nether update finally has a release date (opens in new tab)
- Everspace 2 is a big, open-world RPG with deep customization (opens in new tab)
- Lake is a chill, free-roaming driving sim about being a postal worker in 1980s Oregon (opens in new tab)
- Ubisoft will rebuild how sound works in Rainbow Six Siege (opens in new tab)
- Alaloth is an action RPG inspired by PC classics (opens in new tab)
- Humble's Fight for Racial Justice Bundle includes nearly 50 games, plus comics and books (opens in new tab)
To stay up-to-date on PC Gamer's news and features, you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook, subscribe to our newsletter, listen to our weekly podcast, or just refresh the homepage waiting for whatever happens next.