Usually when it comes to wholesale upgrades, it is best to wait for Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday. However, there are some good deals to be found across the board at Newegg right now as part of its 48-hour sale bonanza.
Pictured above is one of them—it's an XFX Radeon RX 460 (opens in new tab) graphics card with 4GB of GDDR5 memory that is marked down to $115, or $90 if you factor in the available $25 mail-in-rebate. The same card goes for more than $130 on Amazon.
XFX's card sports a custom two-fan cooling solution. It also comes slightly overclocked from the factory with a listed 1,220MHz core clock. We assume that's the boost clock, which is 20MHz than reference.
If it's a new motherboard you need, one of the items on sale is an MSI Z170A Gaming M5 (opens in new tab). The price after a $30 MIR is $100, plus a few bucks for shipping.
The Z170A Gaming M5 is a solid foundation for a Kaby Lake system. It supports up to 64GB of DDR4-3600 (OC) memory and has three PCIe 3.0 x16 slots, four PCIe 2.0 x1 slots, six SATA 6Gbps ports, an M.2 port, two SATA Express ports, Killer E2400 LAN, two USB 3.1 Gen2 ports (Type-A and Type-C), four USB 3.1 Gen1 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, and various other odds and ends.
Here are some other highlights:
- Seasonic 620W M12II 80 Plus Bronze PSU (opens in new tab): $40 after MIR
- Adata Ultimate SU800 512GB SSD (opens in new tab): $137
- Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 motherboard (opens in new tab): $180 after MIR
- SanDisk Ultra II 960GB SSD (opens in new tab): $270
- SanDisk Ultra II 512GB SSD (opens in new tab): $150
- G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 RGB mechanical keyboard (opens in new tab): $120
- NZXT Phantom 820 case (opens in new tab): $170 after MIR
That is just a small collection of what is on sale. You can browse more deals by going here (opens in new tab).
Some online stores give us a small cut if you buy something through one of our links. Read our affiliate policy for more info.