Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Class Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-26-2010, 09:54 AM

Default Resto Shaman

This is my UI, addons in use are: Vuhdo, Bartender 4, Adi Cast Bar,Recount, Omen Threat Meter. Just to give anyone who wants to go resto(coz it rules) a little help in looking at possible UI set ups. The Vuhdo bar stays in the same place for 5 and 10 mans but i move it to wherever is easiest for 25 mans because the bar becomes alot bigger. You might also want to look into a better unit frame addon, not got 1 yet because i fail.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg WoWScrnShot_062510_223501.jpg (97.5 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by Orkgutz; 06-26-2010 at 09:57 AM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-26-2010, 11:07 AM

Do you have the same size vuhdo bars in 25's as you do here? If so I can see why it would take up lots of room

How do you heal? Do you have macros set up, or is it click-heal click-heal?
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-04-2010, 09:39 PM

Klicky Klicky........click
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-04-2010, 09:48 PM

Size of vuhdo bars in 25 depends on if i have to watch were im going, fights like ToC and Gormock with fire, or Balls on Val'Kyr i will use small bars (0.7x size). Wen i can stand still and nt move ill stick my bars back up to 1x. It does get cramped wen at 1x. Theres a pic with a 40man BG and the vuhdo bar size is unworkable.
    WoWScrnShot_070410_224138.jpg

WoWScrnShot_070410_224119.jpg

WoWScrnShot_070310_233613.jpg
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-05-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Orkgutz View Post
    Size of vuhdo bars in 25 depends on if i have to watch were im going, fights like ToC and Gormock with fire, or Balls on Val'Kyr i will use small bars (0.7x size). Wen i can stand still and nt move ill stick my bars back up to 1x. It does get cramped wen at 1x. Theres a pic with a 40man BG and the vuhdo bar size is unworkable.
    I'll show you the size I use in 25's.
    Bear in mind I play on a laptop, so my resolution and screensize are limited.

[URL=http://img8.imageshack.us/i/lichy.jpg/][/URL]

Here's a close up of the vd bars with some annotations so you can see what info I can get from them.
    Notice Ayumis class-colour has been overridden to show the 'diseased' condition. This also triggers from poisons, curses and fades out slighlty if players are out of range.
    [URL=http://img412.imageshack.us/i/45928531.jpg/][/URL]

You might want to try narowing your bars if nothing else. The more real estate of your screen you can see the better you'll be able to react to stuff. Wide bars don't tell you anything that narrower bars will tell you

Do you use macros to heal? or do you have vd set up to recieve different heals based on different mouse clicks?
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-05-2010, 01:19 PM

what other addons do you have running Akee, its pretty superb!

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 07-06-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenbeermonkey View Post
    what other addons do you have running Akee, its pretty superb!
    You think? I think it's a bit of a mess, but i'll throw up a quick list of my major addons when I get home tonight if you'd like
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 07-10-2010, 12:17 PM

Here's a basic rundown of my addons and UI then Twi.
    Remember I'm using my UI as a raid leader, not just a healer, so I probably have too much going on, but it works for me.
    The first screenshot is a recent one, and is very neraly my current UI. My biggest problems is the buff frame - it's too clunky and unwieldy, and I haven't put the time in with the mod to configure it how I like. My old buff mod stopped being updated and eventually wouldnt work

[URL=http://img685.imageshack.us/i/modnames.jpg/][/URL]

The second screenshot is a much older one, but it does show my scrolling combat text and the tank unit frames I use as much as possible. Those haven't changed since that sarth-3 drakes kill.

[URL=http://img691.imageshack.us/i/modnames2.jpg/][/URL]

I think the only crucial UI element that's completely missing is my cast bar, but I think you can see that in the other screenshot I posted.

Vuhdo is my basic raid frame, and I have decursive set up under that.

I often have tank frames set up under decursive as well (you can see them in the second picture but not the first.) This means I can always see what all the tanks are targetting, and means I can select those targets myself if I need to (for marking up with raid icons, or for checking mob status for any reason).

In the lower left corner I have my chat mod (I use chatter). I keep guild/officer chat seperate from everything else, so I can keep track of what's going on.

I use bartender4 for my buttons. I split them into 2 main categories. The first is all the ones I need during a fight, the second are things like buffs, raid-invite macros and proffessions - i.e. stuff I wont need in the heat of the moment.

I use Skada as my damage meter and/or threat meter. It does all I need it to do, and is easy to use.
    My totemUI is just above skada - close enough if I need to change anything, but far enough away that it doesnt clutter my screen. Inbetween skada and my totems is my PvP timer - i think it's called Capping.

Along the top of my screen I have Pitbull unit frames. I use to use Xperl but it got too buggy for me, so I had to switch.
    I almost always have target, target of target, and target of target of target. This is a raid leader thing. In this example I can see if the boss's tank (Sarkris) is targetting the boss or doing something else. I also have a focus target (Klogaroth in the first screenshot, teem in the second.) This is almost always a tank when I'm healing, and a sheep target when I'm on my mage. On my mage I also make sure I have focus-target turned on, so when my sheep breaks, I can see if it's coming for me or not

My boss mod is Deux Vox Encounters. I changed to it from bigwigs recnetly and I'm happy with the change.
    I've never liked DBM personally.
    Next to the minimap I have my debuff/buff frames. I use Satrina buff frames but I really don't like how it looks, or, more improtantly, how it works for me in-game. I should really spend an hour or two trying to get it set up nicely for me.

I use chinchilla as my minimap, and it's great. the little button marked is MinimapButtonBag and squeezes about 15 different buttons into one place. When I click it I can then go to:
    CT_RA (old school raiding mod, which I still use for tanks and my invite-whisper macro).
    Headcount (loot and raid attandance mod)
    oRA2 (same as CT-RA)
    Minimalist (little mod that does little things)
    plus all the mods I have already listed.

In this second screenshot, you can see Miks Scrolling Battle Text. I have it set up so everything I do appears on the right (damage/heals/buffs caused by me) and everything done to me appears on the left - (incoming heals, damage etc).

Only things I haven't mentioned that are raid related are Simple Raid Target Icons which I use when I remember I have it, Titan Panel (you can see at the very bottom of my screen), Bagnon (bag mod), Raid Buff Status (mod that monitos raid buffs, the UI element dissapears when I enter combat).

Most mods are from wowace or wowinterface. I use wowmatrix to update some of them. I only go to curse when I have to, I've heard too many stories about keyloggers and dodgy site elemtns to use that place unless I have to.

Hope you managed to wade through that and get something useful Twi!

Last edited by Akee; 07-10-2010 at 12:19 PM.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 07-12-2010, 08:27 AM

Cheers bud, its actually not as cluttered as it could be, i've seen much worse.

i've also been experiencing buggy performance from xperl so was looking for an alternative. i've been looking into a bar replacement thing too. I'll defo give this a look see later on, primarily because i've wanted a decent raid frame for my tree spec.

only other thing is a dot timer for my lock to assist with clipping/dps issues in affliction, i'm sure i'll be able to tinker something together.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 07-19-2010, 06:40 AM

Pretty nice UIs, but i don't like having the minimap in the top right, it takes up valuable screen space, ive tried putting my minimap dead centre at the bottom of my screen but i still don't like it, any ideas?

Dark