X019 is Microsoft's celebration of all things Xbox, a big fan event in London where you can show up in person to play new and upcoming Xbox games. During the Inside Xbox livestream on Thursday, Microsoft showed off a ton of games for the first time, dropped news about Game Pass and xCloud streaming, and more.
Here's all the news from the first day of X019, and what you can expect from the rest of the event on November 15 and 16.
- Obsidian is making a cute survival game called Grounded
- Wasteland 3 is coming May 2020
- Halo: Reach comes to PC on December 3
- First gameplay for Age of Empires 4
- Final Fantasy 7-15 are coming to Game Pass
- And a whole bunch of other stuff is coming to Game Pass, too
- xCloud streaming is coming to Windows next year
- Everwild is the name of a new Rare game
- Minecraft Dungeons is out in April
- The Life Is Strange devs are making a new adventure game
- Drake Hollow is the next game from the Flame in the Flood devs
- West of Dead is a wild west twin stick shooter starring Ron Perlman
- Next Sea of Thieves update has a new Tall Tale
- Ninja Theory's Bleeding Edge is out March 2020
X019 speaker schedule
X019 runs from November 14-16. The main event, the Inside Xbox stream, is already over, but there's more to come from game developers speaking and showing off their games on November 15 and 16. When Microsoft has posted that schedule, we'll add it here.
Friday, November 15
10:30 am GMT - KartRider: Drift
11:30 am GMT - Obsidian Entertainment, Grounded
12:30 pm GMT - Gaming for everyone: Diverse perspectives
3:30 pm GMT - Rare, Sea of Thieves
4:30 pm GMT - Ninja Theory, Bleeding Edge
5:30 pm GMT - InXile, Wasteland 3
Saturday, November 16
10:30 am GMT - A game composer
11:30 am GMT - Mojang, Minecraft Dungeons
12:30 pm GMT - 343 Industries, Halo: Reach
3:30 pm GMT - Xbox On
Where to watch X019
You can watch the Inside Xbox stream via Mixer, but the event will also stream on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Twitch. The Twitch stream is embedded at the top of this post.
You can also watch on the Xbox events app, which is available on both the App Store and Google Play.
While there will be plenty of console games at the show, there should be some excitement for us PC gamers, too. Microsoft will be revealing some new PC games for the first time, in addition to the next crop of PC games coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC.
Expect to see Obsidian Entertainment, Respawn Entertainment, Annapurna Interactive, Devolver Digital, and other studios at the event—and of course possibly more news and/or gameplay from the likes of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Bleeding Edge, and potentially a new Age of Empires game.
There will also be big Project xCloud news (just a few days ahead of Google Stadia's official release, no less), so we're particularly interested in what Microsoft has to say about its cloud gaming platform; public beta tests of Project xCloud started in October, but only focused on Xbox console games. It's possible that we'll get an official release date, or word that PC games are coming to the xCloud—or both.
Here's a teaser video of what to expect from X019.