Watch along in the video above as two of our most hardware-smart editors, Tuan Nguyen and Wes Fenlon, go through the build piece by piece. This is just the start of the LPC—next, we'll reveal the theme of this year's build (its look and feel) and I think it's just as exciting as these absurdly powerful bits of silicon we're screwing together.
The build so far
- CPU Intel Core i7 6950X (opens in new tab)
- GPU (2) Nvidia Titan X (opens in new tab)
- Motherboard ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (opens in new tab)
- RAM 128GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition DDR4 (opens in new tab)
- SSD (2) Intel 750 Series PCIe NVMe 1.2TB (opens in new tab)
- HDD (4) Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB Helium (opens in new tab)
- PSU EVGA SuperNova T2 1600W (opens in new tab)
- Cooling EKWB water cooling (opens in new tab), custom-built
Someone get me a towel. That combination of SSDs and HDDs is going to give us more than 42TB of storage, if my math is right. This is the bulk of our build, but there's still more big decisions to be made. Tell us in the comments which case, monitor, mouse, and other peripherals you'd like to see hooked up to our face-melting gaming PC.