Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > General Discussion

Closed Thread

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-31-2011, 06:05 PM

Default PC Gamer Guild in Crisis

Hi guys,

I am Kosmos Agamemnon, I was an officer in the official PC Gamer Guild Wars Guild. The guild is called PC Gamer [PCG] we have 3 officers and 22 Members.

In the beginning the Guild was formed by Falco Darkwind, but Falco has not logged into the game in over 2 months. A Guild Wars guild requires an active leader and since I am by far the most active player and officer in the PCG guild the game has automatically appointed me as Guild Leader. Guild wars does this if the current Guild Leader is absent for more than 60 days.

At present I cannot re-appoint Falco as Guild Leader until he logs in again. Now, a bit about me; I have been a Guild Leader in Guild Wars since the early days of the game, and have run a moderately successful guild, before joining KISS (one of the largest guilds in Guild Wars) as an officer in the Kurzick lead guild. I am finishing off a few titles prior to the release of GW2 and spend my time in game aiding players in their attempts to do the same.

I'm experienced enough to manage a guild however there is a problem, I am in Australia and our members are primarily European. My preference is to hand control back to an active Guild Leader in an appropriate time zone. In the interim I will be attempting to ensure that the guild does not fall into failure.

There is much to be done. Please post queries, suggestions below I will keep an eye on this thread.
    Asus P8Z77-V - Deluxe M/Board
    Intel i7 3770K
    2xGainward Geforce 670GTX 2GB Vid Cards
    Creative Labs Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe Audio Card
    16GB RAM 4x4GB G.Skill 1600Mhz Ripjaws
    4xSeagate 7200RPM 1TB HDD RAID 10 Array
    Blu Ray Optical Drive
    850 Watt ThermalTake ToughPower Power Supply
    ThermalTake Level 10 Full Tower Case
    Sony XBR 46" LED TV/Display.

Kosmos own Custom Overclock Config.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-31-2011, 07:07 PM

The problem with running the guild and keeping it active seems to be the fact that most people either want to wind down the first guild wars and start preparing for the new one.

Don't get me wrong there are still loads of active players around and the new updates have helped to keep the player base up.

The best times of guild wars were those days when you could log in and find a party of 8 people for almost any quest within minutes.

I was thinking that maybe we should focus on helping people complete those very hard missions, playing the new content and generally just having fun.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 08-01-2011, 12:37 AM

Default Guildie Goodness

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red Leader Zala View Post
    The problem with running the guild and keeping it active seems to be the fact that most people either want to wind down the first guild wars and start preparing for the new one.

Don't get me wrong there are still loads of active players around and the new updates have helped to keep the player base up.

The best times of guild wars were those days when you could log in and find a party of 8 people for almost any quest within minutes.

I was thinking that maybe we should focus on helping people complete those very hard missions, playing the new content and generally just having fun.

Hi Red Leader Zala, I do agree with you. We are dealing with a game that is entering its final stages before it's sequel arrives. Having said that ArenaNet have mentioned that they intend to run both concurrently there will at least in the mid-term be a GW1.

The main focus of the guild when it was formed was to prepare members for GW2 by helping them rank up their titles to get the best experience possible in GW2 when we all make the move to it. I'm still interested in that goal. The real issue revolves around interest. Some people have maxed out some titles and aren't particularly interested in re-doing or helping out with other people who need the same. I pretty much don't care and always enjoy a good Guild Party, from my perspective the longer the mission the better. There hasn't been a guild party in months.

I'd like to see the guild get into Z Missions, Vanquishes and HM missions these are great ways to get titles. I'd also like to start some dungeon running and get people's EotN titles ranked up too. But, the best way to achieve that is to not care too much about what we have/have not already got, but to work together to improve the situation for all the members. Splitting time between GW1 and 2 is not really an option for most people and it will be even harder to get those last few titles once GW2 hits the shelves. Really the level of interest is up to the guilds members, but I am interested.

Those are just my thoughts.
    Intel i7 3770K
    Blu Ray Optical Drive

#4   Report Post  
    Old 08-01-2011, 01:22 AM

Hello there! I am an admin on the PCG Minecraft US server. The system there is with admin being similar to a Guild Leader and Moderator similar to officer. I'm in the GW guild actually, but I haven't been playing due to other games, but I fully intend to play Guild Wars 2.

I'd be interested in taking an officer spot or something similar in the guild in Guild Wars 2. I'll re-install Guild Wars sometime soon and hop in again if you want me to.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 08-01-2011, 02:23 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
    Hello there! I am an admin on the PCG Minecraft US server. The system there is with admin being similar to a Guild Leader and Moderator similar to officer. I'm in the GW guild actually, but I haven't been playing due to other games, but I fully intend to play Guild Wars 2.

I'd be interested in taking an officer spot or something similar in the guild in Guild Wars 2. I'll re-install Guild Wars sometime soon and hop in again if you want me to.
    Hi Jexx, you would of course be most welcome. If you're interested just PM me in the game when you get it installed and I'll sort you out.

An additional active officer would be very welcome. Just remember GW.exe /images is your friend...

Now if you'll excuse me Ithere's a land that needs Vanquishing....
    Intel i7 3770K
    Blu Ray Optical Drive

#6   Report Post  
    Old 08-01-2011, 09:57 AM

I would be interested too.

The thing is we really just need to get on and start playing and try to get these hard mode missions and new content done before the new one is released. Maybe we should try and organise a mass event for a few weeks time where we throw like a kind of welcome back guild arty and do Z missions and other things?
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 08-01-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red Leader Zala View Post
    I would be interested too.

The thing is we really just need to get on and start playing and try to get these hard mode missions and new content done before the new one is released. Maybe we should try and organise a mass event for a few weeks time where we throw like a kind of welcome back guild arty and do Z missions and other things?
    Again I totally agree. I also want us to get into the idea of Vanquish Night. We could make a Friday night (for example) a Vanquish night, and spend the evening just getting through a particular area and then re-doing it for some other guildies too. Each week we could put a campaign, and the guild can vote for the Vanquish area for the following week. This is easy for my paragon who can go everywhere in all the campaigns and I'd be happy to lead a few people to their doom hehe.

We can definitely make GW a positive experience for those of us who are interested. But it's hard to do it when there is no active leadership. I do want to change that, I think that by being more active we will encourage more active participation.

Lets try to get things of the ground first and see how we go. In order to try and break with the past I have changed our GH and our Guild Cape. I will put it to a vote once we get more active members. But for the moment it feels a bit new.

Anyway please post ideas, suggestions etc here.
    Intel i7 3770K
    Blu Ray Optical Drive

#8   Report Post  
    Old 08-01-2011, 11:18 AM

The vanquish night is a good idea as it allows people to get closer to the vanquish title and also gains them faction points.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 08-02-2011, 02:43 AM

Everything had been sorted. Guild is still active and running, get your ass prepared for Guild Wars 2.

Nothing to see here =D

i7 2600k 4.6Ghz (Corsair H80 Water Cooling)
    8GB Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz
    Asus P8Z68 V - PRO Motherboard
    MSI GTX 580 Lightning (Factory Overclocked)
    LG 22x DVDRW Generic
    1TB Western Digital 7200RPM 64Mb Cache
    60GB Adata SSD (OS)
    850W Corsair Enthusiast PSU
    Bit Fenix Colossus Case
    Dell 23" LED IPS Monitor
    Razer Black Widow Ultimate / Razer Naga / Razer Megalodon

Add me on Steam

Check out my new Youtube Channel for SC2 Casts and game playthroughs!
    Closed Thread