Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > SW: The Old Republic

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-22-2011, 02:27 PM

Default No active account pfft

Well i got to say this is the biggest farce i have ever seen.

Today i try login when servers come up and see no active account, so i go to website sit half hour in queue and check my account and see everything ok.

So i gets on the phone to customer service and they give me this cock n bull story saying you have to subscribe! WTF this is some kind of utter bull never have i had to subscribe when i got an active account and always got my time cards if and when needed. Anyway i fills out the necessarys and it sits there on processing but no gameplay yet.

So if any of you guys come across this you know why but be warned when you get through to them on phone dont expect an answer as they are scripted unknowledgable saps.

*scuttles off to phone again*
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-22-2011, 02:46 PM

I had same issue, i find it Bazarre that they want you to have a game time code or subscription setup even tho we have 27 days left.
    I setup an account via paypal however when it got the the confirmation , the screen sat there for 40 mins doing nothing. So i quit out of it only to find that the subscription is setup just not confirmed. Ive been waiting all day to get it setup completely but servers too full or offline
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-22-2011, 02:53 PM

pretty much every MMO does this, I honestly don't understand why people are surprised by this. also they did mention when you put your game code in, on the launcher and several other places you needed a subscription in place to play the free month, you don't get charged anything yet, so you can still cancel before they take anything.

but nearly every single MMO I have purchased has needed you to enter a time card or credit card details to make the account playable even for the free 30 days.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 12-22-2011, 03:00 PM

What was the point of pre-loading if we all have to queue on day + 2 to 'sign-up'?

I added my account number on the 19th why didn't they have a little pop-up saying 'Hi you might want to add a credit card to this account as you won't be able to play once the grace period ends otherwise'. Seems a bit cack handed to be honest.

Anyway i'm off to look at a non-updating website page to wait for something magical to happen.
    "...people who personify and love corporations to the point where they can actually feel betrayed by them - well, roll over and take it. You're in for a lifetime of abusive imaginary relationships."

(Blyth Jon, September 2011, PCGamer UK, p90)

Steam id: feersum
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 12-22-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blaanka View Post
    I had same issue, i find it Bazarre that they want you to have a game time code or subscription setup even tho we have 27 days left.
    I setup an account via paypal however when it got the the confirmation , the screen sat there for 40 mins doing nothing. So i quit out of it only to find that the subscription is setup just not confirmed. Ive been waiting all day to get it setup completely but servers too full or offline

Exactly same my screen stayed there but now when i get into site my subscribe ready in right hand box thing you click but still no game now cant get on phone to scream at them.

@ Bel A simple pay when you want system (card etc) would have sufficed not a spaz system linked stopping you playing just as you dont want to subscribe you may not like the game afte 15 days so why subscribe or open self up to info sent on by palpal etc.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 12-22-2011, 04:10 PM

Maybe this is why the queue is down to 5 minutes at the moment. With many people trying to set up theirs subs, not many actually playing. Nice work BioWare
    But seriously. It's not been handled to well. Glad I set mine up yesterday when I saw the pop up about it.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 12-25-2011, 11:12 AM

Dammit ive missed your moaning doom!!!

Anyhoots wifey got this for me for crimbo so downloading now and hence reading about any cock ups i'm sure to get. One i've noticed is every so often i gotta repair the part of patch ive loaded and start again 12 hours and counting when zal stated it took 4 days for some!!!!

Stroll on new year then

Oh just in case you wanna know i'm going to the dark side
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 12-25-2011, 01:40 PM

sid downloading shouldn't take you that long, it only took me about 20hours on a 4meg line.