Amazon Prime Day 2019 will take place in the second week of July, and is likely to offer 36-48 hours of great deals across the whole site. That means big savings on the best PC games and PC hardware, whether you're in the US, UK or anywhere else in the world with access to Amazon. In order to enjoy the Amazon Prime Day PC gaming deals you'll need a Prime membership. While some already have access, others will need to get a little creative here. Amazon runs a free 30 day trial on Prime, so you can sign up, buy your swag (and get free delivery) then cancel your sub before paying any money. Or you can take advantage of one of the Prime membership deals that usually coincide with Prime Day.
In terms of PC gaming deals, there will be plenty on offer as always. The things we usually see discounted on Amazon Prime day are keyboards, mice, monitors and headsets, although you can usually pick up gaming laptops and pre-built gaming PCs pretty cheap too. If you're running your PC through a 4K TV, Prime Day is a great chance to either upgrade your set or take the plunge with a second TV for the home too. While most buy games digitally, Amazon usually slashes the price of a handful of PC titles, so you can expect discounts on the likes of Anthem, Far Cry New Dawn, The Division 2 and some of 2019's biggest games.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2019?
While Amazon is yet to reveal an official date for Prime Day 2019, we expect it to be the second week of July, on Monday July 15 until midnight Pacific on Tuesday July 16. In 2018, Prime Day took place on 16-17 July, so we'd expect the same to happen again (start on the 3rd Monday of the month, and continue for two days). Last year saw Prime Day's PC deals run for 36 hours, as the sale kicked off at 12noon on the Monday (local time wherever in the world you are) until 12midnight on the Tuesday. Given the success of last year's Prime Day, we wouldn't be surprised to see 2019's event offering 48 hours of savings, or at least starting at 9am on the Monday. Remember, Black Friday lasts a full 2 weeks now, so Amazon will be looking to expand Prime Day as much as possible.
Best Amazon Prime Day PC gaming deals (from last year)
- Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Keyboard: $110 (down from $160)
- Intel Core i5-7600K CPU: $188 (down from $243) — the i5-7600K is our top CPU pick for most mid-range PC builds, and this is an outstanding price. [Expired]
- HTC Vive VR headset: $700
- Razer Naga Chroma MMO Mouse: $40 (down from $62)
- Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime MOBA Gaming Mouse: $23 (down from $50)
- Corsair Gaming GLAIVE RGB Gaming Mouse: $55 (down from $70)
- Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver headset: $90 (down from $120) — this is our pick for best gaming headset. We love that it doubles as a really good audio headphone as well as a great gaming headset.
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700X CPU: $300
- AMD FX-8350 w/ Wraith cooler: $140 (down from $150)
- Corsair Hydro Series H100i Liquid Cooler: $85
- Blue Yeti Microphone: $90 — this is one of our favorite microphones, and all colors are on sale.
- SkyTech gaming desktop w/ AMD FX-6300 and GTX 1050: $750
- Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K5 motherboard for Ryzen: $150 (down from $170)
- Asus ROG compact desktop w/ Core i7-6700 and GTX 1070: $1,400 (down from $1,458)
- Razer Blade Stealth Touchscreen Ultrabook: $1,300 (down from $1,600)
- Sennheiser HD 598 SR Open-Back Headphone: $110 (down from $200) [Expired]
- SanDisk Ultra II 500GB SATA III SSD: $137 (down from $175)
- Logitech HD Webcam C310: $20 (down from $33)
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920: $50 (down from $60)
- Vertagear SL5000 racing style gaming chair: $249 (down from $349) — this chair is our all around favorite gaming chair. Comfortable and well made.
- Vertagear Triigger chair: $439 (down from $699) — a high end office chair, competitive with say a Herman Miller Aeron
- Overwatch Origins Edition: $30 (down from $60)
- Oculus Rift + Touch bundle: $399 (down from $699)
- LG29UM68 Ultrawide IPS Monitor: £170
- Speedlink Black Widow Flightstick: £23
- Seagate FireCuda 1TB Hard Drive: £50
- Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum: £38
- Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury: £22
- Logitech C920 HD Pro: £49
How to get in on Amazon Prime Day deals
To take advantage of Prime Day you have to be a Prime member. But if you're not, you can still take advantage of the deals by signing up for a free 30-day trial. You won't need to pay the $100/year fee and you'll still get the deals. On some deals though, the discount you get will pay for the Prime membership itself, so you might want to take a wait-and-see approach.
Deals from Newegg, Overclockers.co.uk, etc.
Along with Amazon, other retailers will have their own sales. We'll have more on those deals as Prime Day progresses.
UK residents will want to keep an eye out for Curry's, John Lewis, and Overclockers.co.uk. In the US, Newegg will be a good bet for some alternative deals. We'll be checking all retailers throughout the day and reporting the best deals we find right here.
Some online stores give us a small cut if you buy something through one of our links. Read our affiliate policy for more info.