Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Epic

#1   Report Post  
    Old 03-09-2011, 08:31 AM

Default Team Epic 09/03/2011

Try as I might, I couldn't get the compositions to work with the bosses, if we want to attempt Halfus hc (which needs all 3 of our tanks). So, I've had to go for a slight twist on the normal shift pattern; it means we'll need Uru after about the first 30-45 minutes, and Foos will have a 45ish minute break in his raid night. Sorry about that, but I can't find another way of doing it.
    If you don't wanna hang around waiting, Uru, I can call or text you when Al'Akir is dead.

Part One (20:00-21:30) Conclave of Wind, Al'Akir, Halfus Wyrmbreaker Heroic,

Tanks
    Danatheron
    Klogaroth
    (Urumqi for Halfus: estimate 20:45)

Healers
    Denika
    Cenaria
    Darieth

DPS
    Zerne
    Contagion
    Darksen
    Thunderlash
    (Foosfighting for Conclave and Al'Akir)

Part Two (21:30-23:00) Valiona & Theralion, Council, Cho'Gall

Tanks
    Urumqi
    Klogaroth

Healers
    Denika
    Cenaria
    Darieth

DPS
    Foosfighting
    Vulture
    Zerne
    Darksen
    Sisy
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 03-09-2011, 09:21 AM

It might not be bad plan for uru to be around near the start if at all possible for vanish cover. I won't be missing any upgrades from there even if uru tanks all totfw, but I suspect that's probably the same for almost everyone.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 03-09-2011, 09:27 AM

It's entirely up to Uru; I hate to mess people about, but trying to give everyone at least one raid shift, whilst balancing composition for some very tricky fights has been a bit of a pain. It would be great if everyone were online so I could switch you about, but I appreciate that sitting about waiting isn't any fun.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 03-09-2011, 04:15 PM

should be about from the off, but need to eat a pie in the middle somewhere

As long as i lkill 2 bosses tonight i'll get t11 gloves! yay!

Foosfighting 12/11/2010
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 03-09-2011, 10:29 PM

[URL="http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v3fe3tszses93p2z/"]loggie log[/URL]

grats ranked people!
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 03-09-2011, 10:40 PM

Default Leader's Report

Team: As above

Bosses killed: Argolath, Conclave, Al'Akir, Halfus hc [GUILD FIRST][HORDE FIRST], Valiona & Theralion, Ascendent Council, Cho'Gall, Magmaw, Omnitron System, Maloriak

Certainly our most successful loot farm, with several nice tanky pieces, tier shoulders for me and the first Heroic T11 token for any SWC Horde player going to Contagion.

I had planned on Halfus taking some time; in fact, it only took 3 attempts. For the record, here's the tactic we used successfully:

3 tanks, 3 healers, 4 DPS

At the start, released: Storm Rider, Nether Scion, Whelps

Had one tank per drake; Klog on Scion, Uru on Storm, Dan on Whelps.

Had the tanks juggle Halfus between them, taking it in turns to taunt and use cooldowns every 5-6 stacks of his MS debuff.

Left Thunderlash on the boss to interrupt nova. DPS first killed the whelps (Zerne 50k DPS lol), which freed up Dan to release the Time Warden, making the fireballs dodgeable and reducing raid damge. Then we simply killed each drake in turn, before finally turning our attention to Halfus. Bloodlust as soon as the 4 drakes were down, so we'd get maximum benefit before he started stunning us all. Killed him several seconds after he enraged, having one-shotted Uru and chased Klog half way across the room. We left Slate Dragon where it was.

It's very hectic, but as long as the tanks communicate and keep a cooldown for when it's their turn on the boss, and the healers are able to keep everyone alive for the first few minutes, the rest is just down to whether you have the DPS to kill him before he enrages (or just after).

That's definitely a Horde First (10), so gz to us for that.

The other bosses were all one-shots. Loot was pretty good, though it still left us with another 8 Maelstrom Crystals. We've now got enough to think about improving our bracer, boot and chest enchants; I'll make a post about this at the weekend, as well as the plans for cauldrons and lobster baths.

Sunday is Atramedes normal, Chimaeron hc and Nefarian normal. If we need it, we have Monday to take on Nefarian also.

*EDIT* Gz to all the DPS who got ranked, but in particular Darksen who managed to get ranked THIRTEENTH for Ascendent Council. Ridiculous.

Last edited by Darieth; 03-09-2011 at 10:43 PM.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 03-10-2011, 08:31 AM

Really nice work everyone. I can only imagine that fight (halfus hrc) being a nightmare for healers.

Did you consider breaking out slate dragon for the extra damage on the boss? I know that in non-heroic each drake you kill increases boss dps and although it feels counterintuitive killing them all can speed up the overall time - great if your dps isn't quite there for the enrage timer,

Did you notice any difference in the damage the bosses were doing? I know that you have more to deal with but i'm thinking about basic attacks on the tank being increased.
    - I'm more curious than anything, I've never liked heroic modes so don't think i'll be seeing this for a long time
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 03-10-2011, 08:40 AM

You don't get the increased damage buff until the drake dies now, and as Slate Dragon has much more HP than the others, it didn't seem worth it.

The tank damage didn't feel ridiculous, because they all used a cooldown whenever they were tanking the boss with their drake. It's obviously heavier than normal mode, but our gear is significantly better - first time we killed him, we were kitted out mostly in blues.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 03-10-2011, 12:35 PM

woo! Awesome work guys!

Wowprogress now puts as the number one progressed horde guild on the server, realm rank 6

Last edited by Cataclysmic; 03-10-2011 at 12:42 PM.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 03-10-2011, 03:05 PM

Truly amazing stuff all. Also grats to the ranked people.