Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#1   Report Post  
    Old 02-17-2011, 04:29 PM

Default 2011: Year of the RPG?

No matter what type of RPG suits your fancy, it just dawned on me that this year will likely be remembered as one of the best years ever for RPG fans.

On the single-player front, we will have Two Worlds 2, The Witcher 2, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fable 3, Dungeon Siege 3, Kingdoms of Amalur, and possibly Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2.

And while I don't play MMORPGS, those that do already have DC Universe, and can look forward to The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2, Rift, and Tera, and those are probably not the only new ones, but again, MMORPGs are not of interest to me.

I'm sure I missed a few upcoming titles. Let me know what they are.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 02-17-2011, 08:29 PM

Amen brother. Witcher 2 preordered, and will buy Mass Effect 3 for sure. We'll see about the others, there are a ton of other sweet-ass games coming out this year like the sequels to Portal and Crysis.

2011 is going to be a great gaming year all around.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 02-17-2011, 09:41 PM

Also known as year of where did all my time go. Haven't had a chance to play Two Worlds 2 yet. Probably going to save that for the summer. Definitely want Witcher 2, and am about to start playing that Drakensang prequel.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 02-17-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fatal_Papercut View Post
    No matter what type of RPG suits your fancy, it just dawned on me that this year will likely be remembered as one of the best years ever for RPG fans.

On the single-player front, we will have Two Worlds 2, The Witcher 2, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fable 3, Dungeon Siege 3, Kingdoms of Amalur, and possibly Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2.

And while I don't play MMORPGS, those that do already have DC Universe, and can look forward to The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2, Rift, and Tera, and those are probably not the only new ones, but again, MMORPGs are not of interest to me.

I'm sure I missed a few upcoming titles. Let me know what they are.
    Yup it's going to be a great year. Dragon Age 2: Pre-ordered The Witcher 2: I've got TW1 sitting in my Steam list ready to be downloaded Mass Effect 3: Pre-ordered as soon as they announce the CE with a model Normandy TES5: Awesome F3: meh Dungeon Siege 3: Looks great Kingdoms of Amalur: I've got a good feeling about this.

#5   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2011, 03:59 PM

My year is already sorted, and I reckon it'll be the best one for a long time. Not all strictly RPGs, but I'll risk the flames...this is my year to come:

Dead Space 2
    Dragon Age 2
    Deus Ex 3
    Skyrim
    ME3

WIth a few oldies to keep me going inbetween (probably the dozen games I got in the Steam sale - such as The Witcher - which haven't even been dl'd yet!)
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2011, 04:32 PM

Don't forget firefall!

[url]http://www.firefallthegame.com/[/url]
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LordHuggington View Post
    Also known as year of where did all my time go. Haven't had a chance to play Two Worlds 2 yet. Probably going to save that for the summer. Definitely want Witcher 2, and am about to start playing that Drakensang prequel.
    Two Worlds 2 is a major improvement over the original. Been playing that quite a bit lately.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 02-19-2011, 12:05 AM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Year of the PC almost certainly, The number and quality of the RPG's we are getting is the cherry on the cake.

Tags

2011, mmo, mmorpg, rpg