Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Tech

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-15-2014, 08:51 PM

Angry Problems with Steam, Skyrim Legendary and Bethesda

I bought Skyrim in 2012 and played it through a couple of times on a WinXP pc. This year I bought Skyrim Legendary and loaded it onto a Win7 pc. During the loading it never asked for the authorisation code. I could not play SkyLeg because steam only had the original version activated. After 14 emails and full delete and re-install of steam I found I had ALL my steam account deactivated. It took over 10hours to download skyrim. According to the properties and DLC in steam I had all the extra content but once activated in the DATA files in game my character was frozen and the game unplayable. Steam is currently looking at a screeshot of my steamapps folder.
    Meanwhile I contacted Bethesda about the problem now someone called Jared is saying that 'due to a glitch they have lost my thread history', news to me I had a history. and was asking for a full MSInfo and DXdiag, before they could trouble shoot my problem. I am very nervous about sending that amount of data about my pc to someone I don't know. HAS anyone else ever been asked for all that by Bethesda? If so what happened?
    Is there anyway you can spot a difference between the original Skyrim and the Legendary version during the opening sequences in order to identify which one I have?