Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-10-2012, 07:47 AM

Default Raid Report 09/12/12

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim and Doom
    Healers: Sid and Vodanda
    Melee: Archaz
    Ranged: Bel, Zalid, Noheels, Plockplock, Klog and Aph

Lots of problems getting a team together last night but Plockplock logged on at just the right time, allowing us to be able to raid.

We were purely working on Will. We had a bit of a late start as we tried to find 10 people. Once we did we quickly killed the trash and started work on the boss.

The first few pulls were painful with us not even reaching the first gas. However, very quickly the tanks got the hang of devestating combo and the DPS worked out what they were doing with the adds and it started to come together.

We had a very close 8% wipe early on followed by Archaz DCing. We then struggled to find someone to fill in but were saved by Klog. After that we were continuously wiping in the final phases, with most attempts hitting the 10% mark. Unfortunately at 9.45 Plockplock had to leave us and there was noone to replace him.

I think the only thing holding us back is that we are taking a little more damage than we would like leaving the healers with very little mana to play with. If the tanks can avoid as many devestating combos as possible and the DPS manage to stay out of trouble we will have no problems killing this whatsoever. We are exceptionally close.

Tuesday Vodanda will be away so we will need to either rely on Archaz being around or hopefully someone else will be able to step in. Sign ups are looking a little poor so please sign up if you can make it. I really think we can clear this this week.

Well done all, a huge improvement from our first pull to our last and considering this is the first time we have really looked at this fight you all did a very good job.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-10-2012, 03:16 PM

It was actually a 7% wipe.
    I must admit that things were picked up a lot quicker than the initial pulls led me to expect.
    It was actually getting quite fun after a while. It's hectic with so many adds spawning, but keep you on your toes.
    Most of the time I was picking up the strength add and it was going ok. I got stunned a couple of times, but could blink out of it. Not that taking the damage was good for healer mana
    With some more work I'm sure we'll get fewer people taking so much damage and draining the healers of their mana before the final phase which is when they really need to be able to push their healing out with the titan gas being present and the adds still spawning.
    We are consistently getting into the final phase. Just need to do some work to allow us to really push through that phase and kill them.
    It's a shame we had to call it early. These half raids are frustrating a lot of the team. But at least we are making progress. Shame our recruitment efforts have come to nought.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-10-2012, 04:57 PM

Do you have someone kiting/aggroing the Strength add permanently? Do you focus on the Rages over the Strength when they're both up?

Sounds like you making good progress - hope to get elegon down tonight and learn the fight ourselves
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 12-10-2012, 05:46 PM

We had Archaz deal with the strength until he DC'd. After which point we only had ranged so it was whoever grabbed it first dealt with it. As long as they move from the stun it isn't an issue.

We always killed courage>strength>rage no matter what was already up. As long as you have traps etc down the rages are easy to deal with and do very little damage.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 PM

Only thing the person who picks up the strength needs to be careful of, is if they get a rage targeting them. Other than that it's easy enough if you stay pretty close to the mob to make moving out of the stun easier.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 12-12-2012, 04:34 PM

[url]http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7957xwpaorcsh6ck/[/url]

thats log report from that night soz taken a while been hectic few days for me