Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#111   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 09:40 PM

Although like many I suffer from not actually having played the game, and therefore cannot make proper judgement on it, I have no problem whatsoever with Tom's review.

A lot of his complaints are brought up in other reviews and at the end of the day how much that detracts from the game is solely down to the reviewers opinion.

At the end of the day, I think that even if you disagree completely with his review, as long as you are enjoying the game then it's not hurting you is it? I know people can argue that it may put others off buying the game but I'd hope most PC gamers are savvy enough to do more than take any review as the sole definition of whether a game is any good.
      #112   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spatula View Post
    Erm, that last post wins most confusing and pointless post of the year.

Congratulations, you've won a speedboat that you can only use in Milton Keynes.
    Loving the Bullseye reference! Quite apt in a Hitman thread!

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #113   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spatula View Post
    Erm, that last post wins most confusing and pointless post of the year.

Congratulations, you've won a speedboat that you can only use in Milton Keynes.
    Really? I don't see why......
      #114   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 11:01 PM

Don Megamuffin, you seem pretty intelligent so I wonder if you have deliberately chosen to misunderstand the point I tried to make. Although I admit this newfound insomnia might not help me make it clearly enough.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Don Megamuffin View Post
    If you play on the purist level, as I expect most people who have previously loved the hitman games will, (like myself) there is no such thing as instinct, so, with the negative scoring system for killing guards it is fairly obvious the game doesn't want you to kill guards. This would lead you to believe that Tom has only played the game on the lower difficulties would it not? As he doesn't mention any of the higher difficulty gameplay changes throughout the review.
    Aside from editorial oversight, or word count limits as two equally plausible reasons for the omission. But let's say that your right, Tom should have reviewed it on purist level difficulty.

Quote:
    The inclusion of the normal difficulty is an addition that has obviously been included to attract new crowds, or to ease in the people who have never played hitman games before. For example if when blood money came out someone was 10 years old, they would now be 16, which makes it very possible that Hitman Absolution is their first hitman game.
    But we decided to review it on purist level only. And now you say there might be other gamers out there who want a more inclusive review. Arghh... What a dilemma.

Quote:
    As I've said before, and will say again, I have no problem with Tom expressing his opinion, but I do have a problem with a badly written review which is just that, an expression of opinion, and leaves out the facts of the game, and when one fact is actually included it is 100% wrong.
    There were quite a few facts included in the review, which Tom uses to illustrate his opinion. But aside from that I have to pick you up on some maths. Purist mode is one of four settings, so he can only really be 25% wrong at the most.
      #115   Report Post  
    Old 11-18-2012, 11:46 PM

Well, I bought Hitman 1, despite PC Gamers review. Only to discover that PC gamer were bang on the money with it, and have not bought a hitman game since.
    Toms review had convinced me to buy Bloodmoney, but having read Mr Megamuffins views on how Tom is a liar and utterly dishonest, I've decided not to buy that.
    After all, if Tom is a liar, then Bloodmoney can't be a good game either right?
      #116   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 12:15 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JackRabbit View Post
    Well, I bought Hitman 1, despite PC Gamers review. Only to discover that PC gamer were bang on the money with it, and have not bought a hitman game since.
    Toms review had convinced me to buy Bloodmoney, but having read Mr Megamuffins views on how Tom is a liar and utterly dishonest, I've decided not to buy that.
    After all, if Tom is a liar, then Bloodmoney can't be a good game either right?
    There are reasons why we are convinced to buy a game like you and basically Tom is still stuck in 2006 so that makes him a hardcore Hitman Blood Money fanboy liar
      #117   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 12:16 AM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Quote:
    Originally Posted by richard1226 View Post
    There are reasons why we are convinced to buy a game like you and basically Tom is still stuck in 2006 so that makes him a hardcore Hitman Blood Money fanboy liar
    I can't comprehend how you can be so defensive of a game you HAVEN'T FUCKING PLAYED
      #118   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SAeN View Post
    I can't comprehend how you can be so defensive of a game you HAVEN'T FUCKING PLAYED
    That's why I pre-order it duh. So did you fucking played it?! Oh yeah are you a Blood Money fanboy like Tom?!

P/S: I'm trying to be pleasant with you but you are basically the only person pissing me off

Last edited by richard1226; 11-19-2012 at 12:34 AM.
      #119   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 12:41 AM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Quote:
    Originally Posted by richard1226 View Post
    That's why I pre-order it duh. So did you fucking played it?! Oh yeah are you a Blood Money fanboy like Tom?!

P/S: I'm trying to be pleasant with you but you are basically the only person pissing me off
    You miss my point entirely, you are declaring Tom to be a liar, despite never having played the game, and thus having no experience of it yourself.
      #120   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 02:49 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SAeN View Post
    You miss my point entirely, you are declaring Tom to be a liar, despite never having played the game, and thus having no experience of it yourself.
    Oh sorry man I thought you were provoking me, of course the game will be release midnight here so when i get my hands on I will let you guys know about it.