Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Planetside 2 > Planetside 2 UK

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 11:07 AM
    Banned

Default Preparations for launch

Hi guys,

Apologies for the relative quiet on the topic of the PCG Planetside 2 outfit over the course of beta. In the early days we had a huge amount of trouble getting people invited to the outfit due to various bugs and it didn't materialise quite as it should. However, we're still keen to get something set up for release.

However, we've got a couple of hurdles to cross first.

First, we don't have a leadership structure in place yet. Most of the PCG staff will be playing the game, myself included, but we're unlikely to be around enough to lead the outfit beyond the early days. If you can make a case for why you should be leading our armies, please do.

Second, lots of people are pretty attached to their favourite factions and that's divided the community. We've gone with Terran for the reasons we've mentioned before - it fits our colour scheme and lets us establish a friendly rivalry with RPS (Vanu) and PCGN (NC). However if the community is going to be split over multiple factions anyway then we need to figure out how we're going to handle that.

Third, server choice. I know there's been some discussion of this and if anyone has any input let us know. Again this is a situation where cross-coordinating with the RPS, PCGN and other gaming communities would be good.

It'd be great if, over the weekend, those who are interested in playing in the PC Gamer UK Terran outfit could make themselves known. Lets get that nailed down first, and worry about alternate factions and such when the dust has settled.

Cheers,

Chris
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2012, 03:16 PM

Hmm... am not sure...

I would be going Vanu, so will either join RPS (sorry) or maybe found [PCG] Shallow Purple.. don't really want to make one though cause i am a bit busy with Guild Wars 2.

If we are able to get multiple characters on one server, then i'd make a Terran as well
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 10:25 AM

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the current thread as all things PS2 seem very quiet.
    Would love to join the PCG outfit as either TR or VS. If things need setting up with the Vanu's then I can help with that; got all week off work so will be available most of the time.
    I know a few guys from GW2 (Realo/Luna) so if you want to contact me that would be great.
    Had experience running an outfit on PS1 as well as a large WoW guild.

See you at launch if not before!

Steam ID: Jakhara

Follow me on Twitter: Jakhara1

PCG's PS2 Outfit on Steam: Here
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 01:04 PM

Default I'm in

Reserved my ingame name of Adsy and would love to join the PCG outfit and play as a terran. However, I've got bugger all time free (one or two hours a day), so as long as this isn't a problem please chuck me an invite when you can. I prefer to play a support class but I'm easy, so I'll go with whatever is needed.

Adsy
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 01:49 PM

Default I want to join

I've reserved my in game name of Ewav and want to join the PCG outfit, been mostly playing the TR in the beta though will join whatever side the group decides on.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 02:32 PM

Re: Server choice. I head up the RPS Vanu outift, and we've decided we'll be taking the RPS EU outfits over to Miller.

We decided to follow the ex-Werner outfits (Werner was the old PS1 euro server). The reasoning being that many ex-Werner outfits run particularly good public platoons.

Our reasoning was that without massive outfits that can guarantee a decent number of people online at any given time, decent public squads are a massive boon.

Also, the ex-Werner outfits tend to be better organised and more mature (being old ex-PS1 players)
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 09:35 AM
    Banned

Cooper -

That's really helpful, thanks. I was on Werner in PS1 also so that seems like a good idea - we'll try to get something set up on Terran on Miller so we can get a rivalry going. I'm still concerned about being split between different factions, but we'll see how it goes.

Jakhara -

Would you be interested in helping out as an officer for launch? We'll need people to help with invites etc. Unfortunately I'm out of town this evening so it'll be tricky for me, but Rich will be around (at least I think he will - he's looking at the countdown timer and muttering to himself as I write this.)

The plan currently is to post something on the site proper as the game launches to direct people towards the outfit, and take it from there. We'll get that done this afternoon.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 11:32 AM

Chris,
    No problem, happy to help. I don't know Rich's in-game name so if you can pass him mine that would great. Will be using Jakhara, hoping the name reservation worked! If it changes I'll post here.
    Just to clarify, was this for the TR outfit?

Steam ID: Jakhara

Follow me on Twitter: Jakhara1

PCG's PS2 Outfit on Steam: Here

Last edited by Jakhara; 11-20-2012 at 11:34 AM.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 11:40 AM
    Banned

This is for the TR guild, yep - at least at first. Rich is likely to be richmcc, but I'll get him to contact you.

Thanks so much for the help! See you in game later in the week hopefully.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 04:24 PM

Wow, I was on Werner too...but as the cowardly NC. (Wonder if Mike33 will show up)

Any way, I have the count down timer in the corner of my screen!

See you on Miller!

(in game name is MixedupJim)