Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Starcraft II

#21   Report Post  
    Old 02-09-2012, 07:44 PM

This is an excellent thread for a relative newcomer to PVP SC2. I completed the campaign when I got the game last year but never went into the online stuff. However I finally had an itch which needed scratching and reinstalled the game and gave it a go...

Needless to say I had my arse handed to me - losing all five placement matches and obviously got put into Bronze.

However, taking the builds you've mentioned at the start of this thread, I've managed to up my game (combined with a steep learning curve - I've only just managed to get the hang of fast-build Cloaked Banshee rushes against me - Scan by Orbital command is my new best friend). I'm not sticking religiously to things, as scouting my opposition sometimes shows something of what their strategy is and I have to think on the fly, but they're proving to be very successful - I'm now 42ish wins and 18 in my league.

So, thanks for the tips Dudd, I know they're aimed at getting you into Plat, but they've helped me no end start to understand this rather excellent and exciting e-sport
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 02-09-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dannyboyslim View Post
    This is an excellent thread for a relative newcomer to PVP SC2. I completed the campaign when I got the game last year but never went into the online stuff. However I finally had an itch which needed scratching and reinstalled the game and gave it a go...

Needless to say I had my arse handed to me - losing all five placement matches and obviously got put into Bronze.

However, taking the builds you've mentioned at the start of this thread, I've managed to up my game (combined with a steep learning curve - I've only just managed to get the hang of fast-build Cloaked Banshee rushes against me - Scan by Orbital command is my new best friend). I'm not sticking religiously to things, as scouting my opposition sometimes shows something of what their strategy is and I have to think on the fly, but they're proving to be very successful - I'm now 42ish wins and 18 in my league.

So, thanks for the tips Dudd, I know they're aimed at getting you into Plat, but they've helped me no end start to understand this rather excellent and exciting e-sport
    Remember that every time you scan it costs you 270 minerals because you can't call down a MULE, so try to use scan as little as possible in the early game.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kill4pie

"The problem with religion is that they say "And these crackers are jesus' body" and you say "orly?" and they say "Fuck you eat the crackers". Science says "We evolved from monkeys" and you say "orly?" And then science can show you the path of evidence and logical reasoning that lead to that conclusion." -EGIdrA
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 02-15-2012, 09:53 PM

Hey guys sorry to butt in your convo but I am new to SC2 and need help. My friend plays zerg always and whoops my but. I don't like zerg cause I don't understand them. I play more terran and if I feel brave protos. Any recommendation to beating him?

Idk how but he has a massive army like 5 mins (meaning a few of those really small annoying things and the big ones).
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 05:23 AM

Yeah just attack him very early with your first few marines
    Take a few SCV's and build a bunker.

discover what works for u by copying a replay or something.
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:18 AM

Like congo said, I think its important to put pressure on the Zerg as much as you can. Since zerg players have to decide if they want to build workers or units, if you force them to make units early on they will have a smaller economy and a smaller army in the long run. The good thing with some early bunker pressure is that if it looks like the Zerg will completely shut it down, you can always cancel/salvage the bunker and run your marines back without it actually costing very much. After that its good if you continue pressure, maybe with some hellions or banshees or something similar while you take your second base (unless you are going for a really big 1 base attack its important to not wait to long before you take it).

So, basically, I feel that its really important to not leave a Zerg player on his own at the start or he will just make loads of drones, get a really big army and then just roll over the Terran and Protoss player. Just my 2 cents as a Zerg player, I'm sure some Terrans player could be more of a help ^^

Join the PCG StarCraft 2 Clan!

...Itīs OK
      #26   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:42 AM

If you want some help with zvt you can always add me on steam: jimbob56566.
    I'm a diamond/masters zerg (depending on the server) and would be willing to go through some basic stuff that can get you into platinum if done correctly.
      #27   Report Post  
    Old 05-21-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jboss View Post
    Hey guys sorry to butt in your convo but I am new to SC2 and need help. My friend plays zerg always and whoops my but. I don't like zerg cause I don't understand them. I play more terran and if I feel brave protos. Any recommendation to beating him?

Idk how but he has a massive army like 5 mins (meaning a few of those really small annoying things and the big ones).
    I'm assuming youre talking about Zerglings and Roaches. What you could do is mass up some marines and marauders and build some helions in the mix to fry the zerglings and while the marauders will destroy the roaches. I can't really help you anymore than that but if you can send me some replays I can tell you what you did wrong and what happened
    Windows 7 Ultimate/ Windows 8 Preview
    XFX Radeon 6950 XXX
    8 GB Corsair DDR3 1600 Mhz
    Corsair Enthusiast 750 Watts

I'm hoping to purchase an SSD soon.
    at least 240 GB and over
      #28   Report Post  
    Old 07-16-2012, 04:24 AM

Default Discussion

I didn't send a confirmation letter but I would love to compete in this tournament incase someone already signed up is not able to participate!

My id is: LonesomeShoe 241 EU and I'm currently high Gold

#29   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by duanjun View Post
    I didn't send a confirmation letter but I would love to compete in this tournament incase someone already signed up is not able to participate!

My id is: LonesomeShoe 241 EU and I'm currently high Gold

Wait, what?

Join the PCG StarCraft 2 Clan!

...Itīs OK
      #30   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2012, 11:33 PM

Lol, hes has similar type posts all over the forums, all in the wrong topics to what he was talking about, however this one was hilarious as you cant really copy and paste that without making a fool of yourself.

Steam

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phil Savage View Post
    In the meantime, you'll just have to mentally rearrange each thread so that Vexus' comments are at the bottom.