Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Minecraft > UK Server

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-14-2012, 12:13 PM

Default Art and PvP Contests!

So, people, the christmas build contests are coming along nicely; I figure it's about time to organise the pvp & art contests; therefore, there will be three contests starting this weekend:

Art Contest #1

PvP Contest #1

Traditional, 20x20x14 build contest-over-4 or 5 days week... err... 5? 6? One of the two iirc.

Art and PVP will be one day events; the build contest will be the standard format (mats provided in build areas gradually over the course of a few days, etc etc).

Prizes:
    All art contest entries will go up at /warp buildcontestgallery (which I'm hoping to beautify over the christmas break). The first place winner will also gain a lovely ingame set of art supplies Depending on the number of entries, there may also be smaller sets for 2nd and 3rd place.

The Build contest 1st place winner will get the standard - build up at spawn, diamond pillar with your name on it in the build contest gallery section for that week.

The PvP contest winner will recieve the adoration of their fans seriously though, there will be an ingame prize of some sort for sure, I just haven't worked out the details quite yet

I'll update this post with dates and times - but assume sat afternoon/evening until further notice.

Followz me on ze twitterz - @ctrlphr34k
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-14-2012, 06:03 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to sliver hunter10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ctrlphr34k View Post
    So, people, the christmas build contests are coming along nicely; I figure it's about time to organise the pvp & art contests; therefore, there will be three contests starting this weekend:

Art Contest #1

PvP Contest #1

Traditional, 20x20x14 build contest-over-4 or 5 days week... err... 5? 6? One of the two iirc.

Art and PVP will be one day events; the build contest will be the standard format (mats provided in build areas gradually over the course of a few days, etc etc).

Prizes:
    All art contest entries will go up at /warp buildcontestgallery (which I'm hoping to beautify over the christmas break). The first place winner will also gain a lovely ingame set of art supplies Depending on the number of entries, there may also be smaller sets for 2nd and 3rd place.

The Build contest 1st place winner will get the standard - build up at spawn, diamond pillar with your name on it in the build contest gallery section for that week.

The PvP contest winner will recieve the adoration of their fans seriously though, there will be an ingame prize of some sort for sure, I just haven't worked out the details quite yet

I'll update this post with dates and times - but assume sat afternoon/evening until further notice.
    Ctrl you have just made my day!
    I hope its tasty
    Stats
    AMD Athlon X4
    4.0GB RAM
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX470 x2

Steam: sliverhunter10
    Xbox: sliverhunter10
    Phone number: you would want that would't you
    Blame the name not the game
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-19-2012, 05:43 PM

UPPPPDDDAAAATTEEEE!!!

The Art contest will be tomorrow night, 20th. Starting at some point around 7ish, assuming I manage to get all my chores done first

#4   Report Post  
    Old 12-21-2012, 10:23 AM

So, due to there being like, 1 person interested and online at 7ish, I've postponed this until probably sunday evening; will run the PvP contest then too, all being well.

#5   Report Post  
    Old 12-21-2012, 12:58 PM
    Banned

It might be worth postponing until the servers updated to 1.4.6, we're not likely to be terribly busy until then. Admittedly that might not be till after christmas now
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 12-22-2012, 05:05 PM

I'll see what sort of attendance we get on sunday; if there's still not enough then yea, I'll put it on hold til after the server updates - maybe make it a new years contest lol...

#7   Report Post  
    Old 12-25-2012, 08:35 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to sliver hunter10

When you say this weekend you mean this week?
    I hope its tasty
    Stats
    AMD Athlon X4
    4.0GB RAM
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX470 x2

Steam: sliverhunter10
    Xbox: sliverhunter10
    Phone number: you would want that would't you
    Blame the name not the game
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 12-25-2012, 11:39 PM

Delays and more delays I'm afraid sliv gonna try and organise it soon, promise never enough people on to make any of the contests worthwhile atm cos of xmas