Andy spent much of his time this month revelling in Dishonored 2's Clockwork Mansion—a pernicious playground filled with traps and foes fit for fighting. As such, we made new co-protagonist Emily Kaldwin this month's cover star and, as you can see above and below, she's now taking some well-earned time out propped on a chair that resembles a throne.
Speaking of thrones, Andy also talked to a host of developers about why toilets in games have meaning and significance. Yes, really.
Elsewhere inside, Samuel pulls together a list of our favourite game worlds, Phil delights in the Forza racing series' PC debut, and, in-keeping with all the Dishonored-ness, we discover how the original's best level—Lady Boyle's Last Party—was made.
Our selection of previews this month includes Watch Dogs 2, Sea of Thieves, The Elder Scrolls: Legends and many more. And what about those free gifts? Pick up this month's issue and treat yourself to two card packs for The Elder Scrolls Legends, and a free Paladins character.
Issue 298 is on shelves now and available on all your digital devices from , the and (they may be slow to update—look for Emily Kaldwin chilling on a very pointy chair on the front). You can also order direct from or to save yourself some cash, receive monthly deliveries and marvel at at our exclusive subscriber covers. Like this wee cracker:
- Andy navigates the Clockwork Mansion in Dishonored 2.
- Sam wrangles together a list of our favourite game worlds.
- Phil’s favourite racing series comes to PC.
- Andy talks to a host of developers about game toilets.
- Forza Horizon 3, Virginia, Pro Evolution 2017, WoW: Legion, and more reviewed.
- Watch Dogs 2, Worlds Adrift, The Elder Scrolls: Legends, and more previewed.
- Our speakers group test.
- And much more!