Fancy bagging yourself the historic Destiny 2 Traveler's Chosen exotic sidearm? With Destiny 2 Solstice of Heroes coming to a close, the community once again looks for purpose. This time it’s to unlock the sidearm that some players might remember as the one from the very first mission in Destiny 2. The weapon has been revamped as exotic and, given its perks, it should be a beast in PvP.
The quest went live today at reset, but the steps have been datamined and are listed below. Our man is working through them as we speak, and we'll update if anything changes or there are particular tips to make the grind easier.
The Exodus: Preparation
Most likely you'll have already finished this quest as it launched a fair bit ahead of Traveler’s Chosen, but here’s a quick recap.
- Speak to Zavala and then visit each of the following locations.
- Speak to their guardian and complete a weekly bounty in this order: Titan, IO, Mercury, and Mars.
As you can see, this is a whistle-stop tour around a few of the locations soon to be vaulted. It’s their last hurrah before their inhabitants head off to parts unknown or aid us in our fight against the Darkness in Destiny 2: Beyond Light.
The Exodus: Evacuation quest
After all of the locations have been prepped for evacuation, you’ll need to then complete the... evacuation quest. Similar to the previous step, you’ll need to visit all of the aforementioned locations again, but with far more taxing requirements. All you need to do to start is talk to Zavala in the Tower.
Exodus: Evacuation quest - Io
The first location you’ll need to visit is Io. You’ll need to speak to Ashen Mir to start this quest and then do the following:
- Collect Taken traces from Taken Phalanxes and open the chest in the Sanctum of Bones Lost Sector.
- Complete the Pyramidion strike and collect 40 Scan Traces by killing Vex on IO
- Complete the Unexpected Guest (Heroic) adventure. To launch it, look for a special blue icon on the top left of the Io map with a crown.
When you’ve finished that lot, you’ll need to chat to Ashen Mir again before setting off for your next location.
Note that Asher will reward you with Silicon Neuroma, a previously Nightfall-exclusive sniper rife. Sadly it's power capped at 1060, but nice if you're a completionist who doesn't have it.
Exodus: Evacuation quest - Titan
Your next pitstop is Titan. When you arrive, visit Sloane to start the quest. Then:
- Defeat Dek-Thra the Hive Knight in the Methane Flush Lost Sector near Sloane in Siren's Watch. Aside from being ostentatiously named, He's bigger than the others, and has a yellow health bar. Literally can't miss him.
- Open chests protected by Hive Ultras in the Solarium or Festering Halls. (Work your way from The Rig into the Solarium (makes as if you were going to do the Savathun's Strike) where you'll find the first Ultra—a big Knight. From there, head right into the Festering Halls to face an Ogre. Head forward, drop down into the dingy caves, and then keep going until you hit another Ogre.
- Complete Savathun’s Song strike and collect Tech Fragments by killing Hive Ogres, Wizards, and Knights on Titan. If you find you still need some Tech Fragments after doing the strike, just head back to the Methane Flush lost sector to farm them.
Just like Io, round off your errands by letting Sloane know that you’ve done her dirty work for her and hand you the Duty Bound auto rife. Again though, it's not an updated version, so you'll probably want to stick with Gnawing Hunger.
The next step involves another trip to Zavala at the Tower for a chit chat. He'll hand you a Masterworked Mindbender's Ambition shotgun, which can be broken down for seven Enhancement Cores if you don't want it.
Next it's time to jump in your ship and jet off to the next location. Remember to pack shades.
Exodus: Evacuation quest - Mercury
On Mercury, speak to its head honcho, Brother Vance, and then set about these tasks:
- Complete A Garden World strike and defeat Vex Hydras, Minotaurs, and Cyclopses on Mercury.
- Complete Tree of Probabilities strike and defeat Cabal on Mercury.
- Complete the Bug in the System (Heroic) adventure.
Once that's done, onwards to the final destination.
Exodus: Evacuation quest - Mars
Last but not least is Mars. Ana Bray, much like the previous vendors, will be patiently awaiting your arrival. Here’s the laundry list of tasks she needs a helping hand with:
- Investigate Mindlab: Rasputin. For this, head past Ana's station and up towards Rasputin's lair. Along the way you'll see a location marker—just jump across to the vent, go through it, and access the terminal.
- Defeat 5 bosses in Escalation Protocol.
- Complete Deathly Tremors (Heroic) adventure.
Once done she'll give you the Braytech Osprey rocket launcher, which is at least useful if you still needed it for the Wayfarer title.
The entire Exodus quest line is time consuming but not particularly hard. There aren't many ways to speed run through the steps, but after visiting the final location, Zavala requests that you return to the Tower. In return for your efforts, he will reward you with Traveler’s Chosen.
Traveler’s Chosen breakdown
Destiny 2 Bad Juju: How to get the exotic pulse rifle
Destiny 2 Lumina: Snag the exotic pistol
Destiny 2 Izanagi's Burden: Grab the exotic sniper
Destiny 2 Leviathan's Breath: Exotic bow quest steps
Destiny 2 Deathbringer: Bag the fearsome launcher
Destiny 2 Divinity: How to get the exotic trace rifle
Destiny 2 Fourth Horseman: Make this shotgun yours
Destiny 2: Ruinous Effigy: Growth quest steps
So, you’re probably wondering what the Traveler’s Chosen actually does. It's a 300 RPM sidearm that builds stacks of a perk known as Gathering Light—not to be confused with Charged with Light.
These stacks, when consumed by holding the reload button, lets you regenerate your melee, grenade, and class abilities. Gathering Light also encourages Guardians to hold on to these stacks and offers increased reload speeds, handling, and target acquisition based on the number of stacks held.
As the quest has just gone live, we don't know how to unlock the exotic catalyst, but we'll be updating this guide as soon as it becomes clear.