With Fortnite season 5 proving to be a hit despite a distinct lack of Marvel characters, many players are wondering what Epic will pull off for the annual winter event. This year, Fortnite's winter event is dubbed 'Operation: Snowdown'. Last year, we had Winterfest and 14 Days of Fortnite, so this sounds like a whole new riff on the holiday.
When does Fortnite Operation Snowdown start?
Judging by the timers we can see for each quest, it looks like Snowdown will end on January 4. It's possible that some of the later challenges will be extended a bit past that, but don't wait until its too late.
Fortnite Operation Snowdown challenges
Of course, it's not an event without some new stuff to do. 14 Days of Fortnite/Winterfest is a great chance to play some fun LTMS and mini-games with friends, and season 5's new map could make for some interesting matches if Epic changes things up with some snowfall.
There's a whole batch of new quests in, where else, the quest tab. You'll find it by the snowflake icon.
Here's the full list of challenges you can expect to see during Snowdown. The ones with links take you to guides that will help you complete them with as little fuss as possible.
- Complete Epic Quests (73)
- Visit different Snowmando Outposts (1)
- Deal damage with Lever Action Rifle (100)
- Dance at different Holiday trees (5)
- Search chests at Snowmando outposts (5)
- Place top 10 with friends in squads (3)
- Destroy Nutcracker Statues (5)
- Travel 5,000 meters in X-4 Stormwings (5,000)
- Shoot down opponent structures with X-4 Stormwings (10)
- Collect gold bars (100)
- Catch a Snowy Flopper (1)
- Revive a player in different matches (3)
- Hide inside a Sneaky Snowmando in different matches (3)
- Play duo/squads with friends (5)
- Stoke a campfire (2)
- Deal damage at Snowmando Outposts (250)
- Use Chiller Launcher to apply icy feet to opponents (10)
Fortnite Operation Snowdown skins
Data miner HYPEX has us covered when it comes to new skins for Fortnite's Operation Snowdown update. Click through the gallery below for a look.
I particularly love Cozy Jonesy with his winter aviator hat, and Mr. Dappermint is clearly meant to evoke the same Cronenbergian horror of Peely and the Brat.
There will also be two free skins that anyone who completes the Snowdown challenges should get, including the Snowmando and the Frost Squad skins.
The Snowmando and Frost Squad Outfits will be able to be earned for free by completing challenges. #Fortnite pic.twitter.com/VsvdyiSo23December 15, 2020
Epic has recently said that there will be no in-person Fortnite events, so holiday events like Winterfest will almost certainly be one of your only chances to hang out with friends outside of normal matches.
We'll be updating this post with any new information about Fortnite's holiday event, so make sure to check back later. Don't forget to check out the rest of our Fortnite guides and news, where you can find guides for all the latest challenges and quests.