The Amazon Prime Day PC deals are coming. To be as precise as possible, they're coming in July, when Amazon hosts its yearly sales event—Prime Day—to bring us all big savings on PC games, PC components, laptops and all manner of gaming goodies to help us through the summer. Prime Day 2019 will be a great opportunity to slot a new SSD into your rig, pick up a fancy new monitor, or even save a chunk of cash off the price of a sweet new laptop or gaming PC. The Prime Day sales run across the whole site, we see them change throughout the sale period, and they run across regular deals and Lightning Deals, so you really need to keep an eye on them.
What should you expect from the Amazon Prime Day PC gaming deals in 2019? Given the way prices have been going, you'll likely be able to save big on a new SSD for your PC, or an older GPU. The 10-series Nvidia cards are slowly dropping in price and phasing out, so Amazon will be looking to clear stock. And, speaking of which, if you're planning to buy a new gaming laptop, you'll be able to grab one with an older chipset for an absolute steal. Laptops with 1060, 1070, and 1080 max-Q GPUs will be going cheap, as Amazon makes way for newer 20-series machines. There will also be PC games galore, loads of other components, and big savings on PC peripherals like mice and keyboards. But hang on a second... when is it? Glad you asked.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2019?
While Amazon is yet to reveal an official date for Prime Day 2019, we expect it to be the second week of July, on Monday July 15 until midnight Pacific on Tuesday July 16. In 2018, Prime Day took place on 16-17 July, so we'd expect the same to happen again (start on the 3rd Monday of the month, and continue for two days). Last year saw Prime Day's PC deals run for 36 hours, as the sale kicked off at 12noon on the Monday (local time wherever in the world you are) until 12midnight on the Tuesday. Given the success of last year's Prime Day, we wouldn't be surprised to see 2019's event offering 48 hours of savings, or at least starting at 9am on the Monday. Remember, Black Friday lasts a full 2 weeks now, so Amazon will be looking to expand Prime Day as much as possible.
Is Prime Day just Amazon?
No, actually. While Amazon Prime Day is the name of the event itself, most other online retailers like to take advantage of the fact people are looking to spend money on tech. That's why you see retailers like NewEgg, Walmart, BestBuy and loads more having their own sales—all great news if you're looking to buy something PC related, as you just get a bunch more sites to choose from. We'll be keeping an eye on all online retailers with sales around Prime Day, and calling out the best PC gaming deals wherever we find them.
And while Prime Day is likely to be a 36-48 hour sale, some other retailers are likely to offer savings all week, and maybe even beforehand, so you'll have loads of opportunities to pick up a bargain.
What Amazon PC gaming deals are available right now?
While we don't currently have masses of PC gaming deals on Amazon, there are a few worth looking at right now. Obviously, during Amazon Prime Day 2019, we'll see 100s of deals on the site, so you'll have more choice. What's below represents deals we'd recommend looking at right now, because they may only be matched (not bettered) during Prime Day 2019.
MSI GS65 Stealth 15.6" gaming laptop | $1574 (save $225)
A nice saving on a laptop with a 1060 GPU, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD and a quick 8750-H CPU. The Stealth Thin is light, durable, and one of the best laptops you can buy.View Deal
Acer Predator XB321HK - 32" 4K gaming monitor | $849 (save $250)
This is an exceptional price for a 4K monitor. It's an IPS panel, has a 4ms response time, and comes with G-sync enabled.View Deal
Corsair K95 RGB Platinum gaming keyboard | $129 (save $70)
A fantastic price on our top gaming keyboard. This one is currently 20% off the list price, making it a great value buy. View Deal
Best Amazon Prime Day PC gaming deals (from last year)
What were the hottest Amazon Prime Day PC deals from last year? Check out our historical prices below. None of these are still active, but they should give you an idea of what will be discounted in 2019, and by how much. Hopefully, we'll have an even better crop of deals this year...
- Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Keyboard: $110 (down from $160) [Expired]
- Intel Core i5-7600K CPU: $188 (down from $243) — the i5-7600K is our top CPU pick for most mid-range PC builds, and this is an outstanding price. [Expired]
- HTC Vive VR headset: $700 [Expired]
- Razer Naga Chroma MMO Mouse: $40 (down from $62) [Expired]
- Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime MOBA Gaming Mouse: $23 (down from $50) [Expired]
- Corsair Gaming GLAIVE RGB Gaming Mouse: $55 (down from $70) [Expired]
- Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver headset: $90 (down from $120) — this is our pick for best gaming headset. We love that it doubles as a really good audio headphone as well as a great gaming headset. [Expired]
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700X CPU: $300 [Expired]
- AMD FX-8350 w/ Wraith cooler: $140 (down from $150) [Expired]
- Corsair Hydro Series H100i Liquid Cooler: $85 [Expired]
- Blue Yeti Microphone: $90 — this is one of our favorite microphones, and all colors are on sale. [Expired]
- SkyTech gaming desktop w/ AMD FX-6300 and GTX 1050: $750 [Expired]
- Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K5 motherboard for Ryzen: $150 (down from $170) [Expired]
- Asus ROG compact desktop w/ Core i7-6700 and GTX 1070: $1,400 (down from $1,458) [Expired]
- Razer Blade Stealth Touchscreen Ultrabook: $1,300 (down from $1,600) [Expired]
- Sennheiser HD 598 SR Open-Back Headphone: $110 (down from $200) [Expired]
- SanDisk Ultra II 500GB SATA III SSD: $137 (down from $175) [Expired]
- Logitech HD Webcam C310: $20 (down from $33) [Expired]
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920: $50 (down from $60) [Expired]
- Vertagear SL5000 racing style gaming chair: $249 (down from $349) — this chair is our all around favorite gaming chair. Comfortable and well made. [Expired]
- Vertagear Triigger chair: $439 (down from $699) — a high end office chair, competitive with say a Herman Miller Aeron [Expired]
- Overwatch Origins Edition: $30 (down from $60) [Expired]
- Oculus Rift + Touch bundle: $399 (down from $699) [Expired]
- LG29UM68 Ultrawide IPS Monitor: £170 [Expired]
- Speedlink Black Widow Flightstick: £23 [Expired]
- Seagate FireCuda 1TB Hard Drive: £50 [Expired]
- Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum: £38 [Expired]
- Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury: £22 [Expired]
- Logitech C920 HD Pro: £49 [Expired]
How to get in on Amazon Prime Day deals
To take advantage of Prime Day you have to be a Prime member. But if you're not, you can still take advantage of the deals by signing up for a free 30-day trial. You won't need to pay the $100/year fee and you'll still get the deals. On some deals though, the discount you get will pay for the Prime membership itself, so you might want to take a wait-and-see approach.
Prime gives you free delivery on all Amazon goods while you hold the membership, and you get access to Prime Video, which is nice. It isn't Netflix nice, but it's just fine. Black Sails is on there, which is badass.
Some online stores give us a small cut if you buy something through one of our links. Read our affiliate policy for more info.