Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > 25 Man Raid Team

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2010, 09:22 AM

Default 25 man Dragon bashing

Howdy folks,

With regards to 25 man raiding, I heard it mooted somewhere that we would still do some 25 man smashing up of big fiery dragons and weird ogres covered in eyes.

I'm not sure what Team Wins planned days are, but it looks like both Epic and Awesome are raiding on Sundays. How about we pool resources once a month or so and hit 25 man content instead of just the 10 man stuff. Would be a shame if we stopped raiding with each other because we only focus on 10 man. I would miss Akee rage for sure!

Might be a complication in that we'd be saved from mid week 10 man runs.. I dunno maybe have a once a month 25 man run for alts once enough are levelled, or do a 25 man run from the most advanced save, as that would help the teams that are not so far ahead learn tactics and ninja lootz to even the score a bit.

I'm pretty sure i have plagiarised that idea of someone else as i remember talking about it but couldn’t see anything on the forums.

Love,
    Uru.

Foosfighting 12/11/2010
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2010, 09:31 AM

From what I have heard there have not been any set plans on 25 man raiding yet. I have set up Team Awesome on the basis that for a while 25 mans will not be running on the launch of Cata due the fact that a lot of people need to have levelled and geared for them to run efficiently.

Obviously if/when 25 man comes back into play I will be happy to reduce Team Awesomes runs to allow then to join in with 25 man runs, if that is what they wish to do.

I think you have a good idea there Uru, as I know some people are keen to join 25 man raids in cata but as I said, nothing has been officially planned yet. There is potentially an issue with the new lockout as people may get saved but if it is planned well in advance then this should be minimised.

I am sure we will all be updated when any decisions are made, just keep an eye on the forums, At the same time, I am sure that any ideas would also be appreciated if you have them!
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2010, 09:50 AM

We're yet to settle on any concrete plans, but my own feelings are that organising several 25-man raids per week is a waste of energy, given that the achievements and loot in 10-man are the same. HOWEVER, there is something nice about everyone coming together in a big raid, and so I'd like to do 25-man raiding occasionally, maybe one week out of the month. Like I say, when we have concrete plans we'll post them for discussion.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2010, 10:41 AM

Yeah, I think something along the lines of the old 'hardcore' weeks we used to run might be a good idea.

So, every now and then we all do 25s for a week just to mix things up.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2010, 11:05 AM

Whatever happens, I don't think 25 mans will ever be off the table. Hardcore weeks were so epic!!!