Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU)

#1   Report Post  
    Old 03-07-2013, 11:28 AM

Question Thinking of changing servers.

Greetings

Hello to everyone in the PCG guild, I am thinking of transferring my main Ebonhide to this server and would like some information on the this guild as it seems to be one of the best on the server. I have already reserved the name so I am one step there, but would like some information to see if this guild suits me and if I am suitable for the guild.

A bit about me:
    I used to be a medium to hardcore raider at the last part of WotLK but due to the guild changing management and a change in my work I stopped and became a causal player during Cata and the first part of MoP. In August if all goes to plan I am looking to increase my play style again and was wondering if this was the place to do this as the current guild I am in finds it difficult to even get 10 players online at anyone time. I am also an achievement grabber and currently trying to form groups to get the meta achievements I have and other people have missed but again with a small guild this always fails and city chat is always a fail. I would like to start some PvP achievements too so if people want to form a group doing that I would be interested. I would say I am mature gamer having played WoW since 2005 and been playing online games since 1996ish so I don't like immaturity when it is not called for. My main play times are 1700-2300 Mon-Thur and 1900-2300 Sat and 1400-2300 Sun, I have vent and use it. If people want to look at my main Its is Ebonhide on Zenedar.

My main questions about this guild are:
    Is it a friendly and mature place?
    Are people willing to help?
    Do people want help and want advice?
    Also as it is a RP server what is the level of RP?

Any other things you can tell me about the guild would be handy.

Thanks in advance,

Ebonhide
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 03-07-2013, 01:09 PM

Hi Ebonhide.

As far as the server goes it is very quiet, however, we are a guild of around 400 (including peoples alts), so there is always someone around from the guild.

As we are mainly a social guild we cover all aspects of the game, the only exception being PvP, but that is only because we have very few players who want to PvP. We have 2 10 man raid teams who are both currently recruiting as we recently lost a few players to RL etc.

PCG is open to everyone and for the majority we are a mature guild. We have our silly moments but we have a well ordered guild. People are always willing to help each other and ask for help in guild chat. As I said, we are a large guild which means we always have people online and also have a lot of people who know alot about various bits of WoW so there is normally someone around to answer a questions or help out on a quest etc.
    Although we are on an RP server we don't take part in a lot of RP ourselves. We have the occassional guild events which can involve some light hearted RP. All we ask is that you respect anyone on the server who is partaking in RP as that is the nature of the server.

Hopefully that helps to answer some of your questions. If you want to know anything else just post on the forum and someone will be more than happy to help you out.

Aph
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 03-07-2013, 03:41 PM

If you want to try us out, why not roll an alt - a monk or DK or something - you can see what you think of us before committing to a server transfer
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 03-07-2013, 07:13 PM

Thank you for the two replies to my original post. I will create a DK on the server in the near future so that I can gauge the server and the guild but as long as there are active people that want to do things and that people want to help or be helped, I am sure that this will be a good move.

Ebonhide
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2013, 12:30 PM

You can go to my guild - papa smurfs baby on hyjal ;]