Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-19-2013, 09:46 PM

Default Raid Report 19/05/13

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim and Marlín
    Healers: Sid, Somni and MedÎ
    Ranged: Zalid, Waloper, Tarot, Adragosh, Korannis and Littlesky

We had to wait a while for Slim to appear as he was stuck in work.
    I asked Tarot to sit out the first half of the time we had left.
    We quickly cleared the trash and started work on Council.
    We had a lot of very poor wipes due to a lot of silly mistakes by people and it was frustrating me no end. I actually came close to quitting at one point, but after a quick blowout felt better.
    First Half
    Very poor work from hunters with their traps. Even with 3 hunters.
    Low dps on spirits if I did not call them out, even when I called them out, dps on them was not as good as it should have been.
    People not calling out when they had biting cold to alert healers.
    Low dps on Kazrajin, coupled with some poor healing at times.
    People not using abilities that they have, or not talenting into them. eg Hunters - Post Haste, Mage - Cold Snap. Do I really need to start checking people are using their talents ?
    A lot of people not switching to targets I am calling.
    So yeah, was not very happy.

We took a latish break, where Tarot was meant to come in for Korranis. As it turned out, Waloper needed to do RL stuff, so he sat out second half.
    Second Half
    Second half started as poorly as the first, but we did start making progress.
    Kazrajin was dpsed down nicely.
    There were a few more hunter traps. Though there should have been one every time with 3 hunters.
    Spirits were better.
    We only manged to see Sul empower once, and that went poorly when Slim god frozen by Frigid Assault.
    We sorely missed not having a non-tank BR tonight as well.

Not the best of nights.
    People need to focus up and stop slacking.
    I think we are going to have to expect people to either call when they have biting cold or are sand trapped, or for the healers to react better to these people.

Log for last part of raid : [url]http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-42qpb3aj48p8q8ag/[/url]

Last edited by Zalid; 05-19-2013 at 09:56 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 05-19-2013, 10:14 PM

Having perused the log, it is obvious that some are not switching targets when they should be.
    On Tuesday we will run through the fight to make sure everyone knows when they should be switching and make sure everyone is talented properly as I know none of us want to waste a night like we did tonight.
    All constructive feedback is welcome.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 05-20-2013, 08:06 AM

Well that isn't the news I was hoping to read.

Tuesday we will be focussing on Council. We won't take any poor work from anyone so please arrive ready to spend a whole night completly focussed.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 05-20-2013, 06:25 PM

TBH, I had a headache before the raid which just got worse during the raid. So I may not have been feeling as civil as I should have.
    My concerns regarding the points I raised are still valid though.

We need to stop the slacking going on and focus up. I can see from the logs that there are areas which can be improved upon and I will be trying to keep an eye out for any slacking in future raids.

There are too many relying on too few to tell them what to do. We all have either DBM or BW installed which is as much hand holding that you should need. I should not be expected to call out when each spirit is spawning, who has biting cold, which mob to hit, ask people to ice block, etc, while still doing my own job. I will not be doing it any more. If people cannot or are not willing to be self sufficient and follow the initial tactics set out at the start of the fight, then they will be called out.

Sorry if these seems like a little rant, but I am tired of people not willing to do their job, yet are quick to point fingers at others.
    I am also more than happy if someone else wants to raid lead on Sundays, so that then I can just get on with enjoying the raid. Do not take this as me asking you Aphaeas to give up your Sundays to raid lead. We are all grown ups and I'm sure we can work through this.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 05-20-2013, 09:02 PM

I agree Zal, I was feeling like shit last night but still stayed incase you guys needed me. there seems to be a lot of whinging and moaning going on atm with our team and some from Schism, not so much against each other but in vent in general. Some of it I understand but when it's constant it puts a real downer on the raid (well for me anyway).

I hope we can get things sorted, like constructive chat rather than bitching about one thing or the other, and some people need to sort there stats out, it's not on coming to a raid with your stats all over the place. Max what you got and don't rely on gear
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 05-21-2013, 12:20 AM

Yes, I really appreciated you staying around as we needed the 3rd healer for Council. I know you were feeling poor and would have let you go and get some time to relax and recover, and avoid a raid that did not make any of us feel any better.
    I think I've gotten over that raid now, and will try and be more positive going forward.
    Aphaeas has now sorted the teams out and where Schism will be, so the team should be more stable and allow us to help anyone who needs some assistance. Whether that be gems, enchants, reforging, class advice, or raid advice. We all need to pull together and then we can enjoy the raiding again.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 05-21-2013, 06:23 AM

Yeah tomorrows another day as they say, if i'm going to be healing I wouldn't mind some advice also, healing in a real raid rather than LFR is like chalk and cheese, it's so much different so any advice would be appreciated.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 05-21-2013, 09:00 AM

Yep, as of Thursday we will have designated people from Schism (and a few others we have recruited) so we will have a stable team.
    The team roster is up to 17 people, 3 tanks, 3 MS healers and all of the rest DPS, some with useful OS's. I will not announce names yet as I need to finalise some bits with Akee but be reassured that the team is looking good.

The advantage of this is that those who are not pulling their weight on the progression bosses will be sat out to give others a chance and will be killing the non-progression bosses until they can prove that they are focussed and can pull their weight. In recent months people have been slacking because they know thta we cannot simply replace them for someone else. With such a large roster now there will be a lot of rotating the team so do not worry if you are asked to sit out. If it is because you are not pulling your weight I will take you to one side and explain, if you are simply asked to sit out to give someone else a chance to raid, please don't worry.

As of tonight, everyone will need to be focussed. I will be watching everyone very closely.

A few of our new players will need a bit of hand holding to begin with but I only intend to take them to the easier fights until they reach a level of confidence where they can progress. Please be nice to them.

See you all tonight. I may be a tiny bit late but I will get there as soon as I can.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 05-21-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sikko View Post
    Yeah tomorrows another day as they say, if i'm going to be healing I wouldn't mind some advice also, healing in a real raid rather than LFR is like chalk and cheese, it's so much different so any advice would be appreciated.
    Healing advice, you say? Ok then!

1) You absolutely have to use a good addon; I use Healbot, others use VuhDo or Grid. The key thing is that you can cast any of your healing spells on any member of the raid without having to target them first. Key-click combos tend to be the most intuitive way to heal.

2) Are you a disco priest? If so, feel free to chat to me in-game about specifics. The basics: Atonement is a FILLER, and should not be used when there's urgent damage to heal (especially after Wednesday's nerf). Spirit Shell is badass. Spec into Power Word: Solace and use it on Cooldown, it's miles better than Mindbender for the fights you're on. Get used to Rapture; you need to maximise the amount of Rapture procs you get. Get a timer addon for it.

3) Are you a Pally? I'd get Divine Purpose and Eternal Flame, and learn to maximise your HP generation to get lots of tasty EFs. Holy Light is a great filler. Don't forget you can melee a boss to get mana back through SoI, and if you do that to Mar'li, you'll also be in place to Fist all the spirits as they spawn. Learn to use Hand of Protection and Salvation to save healers when the sand adds spawn. You can bubble to remove Biting Cold, which is great, but not Frostbite (though you can use your 40% magic CD for some of that). Assuming that sand trap is dispelled within 2 secs of it hitting (if that's not happening, you need to slap all your healers about), concentrate on tank healing (especially when they're tanking Malak and he's doing frosty stuff), with urgent attention for Frostbite targets too.

The way to get good at healing is to practice lots. Know every spell and when its useful, and learn all the mechanics of an encounter.

Last edited by Darieth; 05-22-2013 at 10:01 AM.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 05-21-2013, 10:15 AM

The last time we logged Council is available at [url]http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d4hx2hqg0qgcordf/?s=8839&e=9130[/url]

Take a look; there might be someone with the same class as you, you can see what abilities they're using.