Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-28-2013, 07:59 AM

Default Raid report 27/01/13

Attendees:
    Tanks: Doom and Slim
    Healers: Sid and Sark
    Melee: Meki and Pet
    Ranged, Zalid, Littlesky, Darieth, Klog, Aph

It took us a while to scrape a team together as we had no end of issues last night. One healer's hard drive died, another was running late and then had lost his authenticator so couldn't log on and one DPS had no internet connection. Thanks to all of Team Epic who came and bailed us out though. It was very much appreciated.

We headed straight for HoF. Zorlock was nice and easy as usual, Tayak was a complete nightmare, as usual. People were just failing at stacking up and there just wasn't enough healing in the gauntlet phase, but we killed him. Then we moved on to Garalon where unfortunately things just didn't get much better. Our DPS was still too low to meet the enrage timer but we also kept making silly mistakes. Unfortunately Garalon is one of those fights which has to go perfectly in order to kill it (when you are as close to the enrage as we are anyway).

When it was clear that we weren't going to kill him tonight we popped into Terrace of Endless Springs to take a look at the protectors. This fight looks really straight forward. We only had two attempts and the only thing letting us down was people not moving out of the lightning storm and some slacking on the dispelling. There is no reason at all why we could not have killed this if we had a little more time.

Tuesday will be back to Garalon I expect as long as we can get a team together. I know a few people are away and seeing as we have at least 1 dead PC we could be a number of people down. Please sign if you can make it so I know what I am dealing with.

I am going to be taking a break next week. I wouldn't have been here Thursday anyway as work are sending me half way across the country for the day and I won't be back in time. I have left Zalid in charge for the week so there shouldn't be any issues. I will be back a week Thursday though!

Thanks again to everyone who helped out last night.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-28-2013, 03:53 PM

Someone told me you had to clear HoF before taking on TES? Is that a load of old cobblers?
    If so I also heard TES was generally easier than HoF - should we be spending our time their instead?
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-28-2013, 04:09 PM

We cheated and Cenaria from Epic used his lockout
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-28-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akee View Post
    Someone told me you had to clear HoF before taking on TES? Is that a load of old cobblers?
    If so I also heard TES was generally easier than HoF - should we be spending our time their instead?
    you just need someone in the team who has cleared it before to get in, bit like how you can get into heroic without ever finishing normal as long as the group leader has the achieve to unlock it.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-29-2013, 03:54 AM

Zorlok was a nice smooth kill.

Shame Tayak is always our problem. It's mainly the lack of healing during phase 2 which seems to let us down. The number of times I've made it to the end of the gauntlet with almost no health, Ice Blocked to stop getting damage and still have the same health afterwards is tiresome. Not sure what the healing issues are, apart from trying to heal on the go during the run up, but it's something that needs to be sorted. Anyway, he died. Eventually.

Garalon is a big brick wall which we are having difficulty knocking down at the moment. The mechanics are pretty ok, its just the tight enrage with our dps which is putting pressure on us and silly mistakes are happening. I'm going to be a lot more vigilant about the bosses position when I am kiting as I always seem to get him catching up on me. If I see that is going to be the case then I will shout a bit earlier that some nifty footwork is incoming Hopefully we get a team on Tuesday and can try and iron out some of these mistakes.

Protectors seemed pretty similar to LFR. Once the dispelling is sorted and the lightning ring dance is learned, should be easy enough.

Thanks to Epic for filling our roster and putting up with any mistakes we made, and also for letting us have a look at Terrace
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 01-29-2013, 03:57 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aphaeas View Post
    I am going to be taking a break next week. I wouldn't have been here Thursday anyway as work are sending me half way across the country for the day and I won't be back in time. I have left Zalid in charge for the week so there shouldn't be any issues. I will be back a week Thursday though!
    Hopefully I can keep calm, or there may not be a team left when you come back.
    Only kidding. I hope

Enjoy the break and take your mind off WoW for the week.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 01-29-2013, 10:46 AM

Not looking great for tonight guys, unless a miracle happens. The guys from Epic aren't available, however, it is fairly obvious we aren't ready for Garalon yet so maybe a break tonight doing something fun is called for.

Only back up plan I have is hope (in a not nasty way) that Win didn't kill Garalon last night and that some of their high DPSers and healers happen to be online.

Keep your fingers crossed!
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 01-29-2013, 11:44 AM

We didn't kill it.

A night of learning, silly mistakes, lag, dc'ing.

I'm not sure our numbers are any better than yours, but you should call on Gluggie for melee dps as she was queen of the meters.

As far as healing goes I've no idea, I expect they were all good
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 01-29-2013, 11:56 AM

Yeah, you do need to clear HoF to access TES, which is annoying because Protectors Elite mode (which gives 503 loot) is miles easier than the last couple of HOF bosses.

Looking at the world progress ratings, Garalon does still seem like a bit of a speed bump. The way we do heroic, and the way we initially did normal, was to have only one tank in the group, with a plate DPSer with some mitigation (ideally a DK in blood presence, but a warrior would do) joining them for the cleaves. That gives you a decent boost to DPS, without imposing too much on the healers.

There are plenty of other options, including having the tanks do some of the pheromones and using 2 healers, but both of these are a bit of a faff. The most important thing for DPS doing the pheromones is to KEEP DPSing; you should never be out of range of the boss. That said, it's really important to move as soon as you see your character do his/her little hiccough, because 1 second later a puddle's going to spawn and tick you for 70k.

It's very important that DPSers only do damage to the legs when they are inside the little circle; and then, only hit the leg they're next to. If your ranged are multi-DoTting or hitting legs at range, you're costing your raid overall DPS, which is a bit of a faux pas when both your teams are currently failing the enrage timer.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 01-29-2013, 12:13 PM

So do you have all dps run round as one group to each leg in turn only dpsing the body if no legs are up?

I read it wasn't worth it for ranged as the time running for the damage bonus was less than nuking the body and standing still but I've not had a decent go at leg hugging to make a comparison.

I did find it annoying either the leg moving you out of the circle or twisting so its not in front so you get target errors but I've not tried it enough to get into a routine so probably worth trying a few times.

We had a lot of issues with lag last night and when it did go smooth the boss would go mental and spin round 180 degrees and smash people behind him in the face which seems like a bug ( hoho pun intended)