Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-05-2013, 08:22 AM

Default Raid Report 04/06/13

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim and Doom
    Healers: Sid, Somni and Medi
    Ranged: Adragosh, Zalid, Littlesky, Waloper, Dcdarkling and Aphaeas

Sat out: Verakan

We went straight to ToT to work on Tortos. We had a good first half with some excellent attempts, our only weak point was me as I ocassionaly got carried away and forgot to kick a turtle. If it wasn't for that Tortos would have died very early on.

The second half was much better as we one shot Tortos on our return. He dropped a healing helm for Medi and plate shoulders for Somni.

We then moved on to the hydra. This boss is really straight forward and we were getting really close (the 6th head out of 7) but we were struggling to heal through the damage at that point. I am not shocked at this as our healers are struggling to win gear in ToT, however I think with some very effective use of cooldowns and health sweets we may be able to kill this easily next week.

Thursday we will head straight back to ToT and hopefully kill the first 4 bosses so we can work on the hydra. Please make sure that you read up on any class guides for the hydra boss to effectively use your cooldowns to help us through the last few heads.

Good work all, sorry for my failings early in the night, thankfully I sorted it out in the break!
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-05-2013, 01:07 PM

Well done guys, sounds like Megaera will go down soon too which is great stuff.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 06-05-2013, 06:17 PM

You were just waiting for me to step in and show you how to one-shot Tortos
    Could hear on vent that everything was starting to gel during the first half, and just needed it all to come together.
    I actually enjoy that fight. There is just enough stuff flying about to make it seem chaotic, when it's actually not too bad if you keep your head.

Megaera attempts were not too bad. We need some work on cinder dropping as there seemed to be too many too close to the raid group. Also Doom mentioned that he was not able to hit the head from the marker, so will need to position the markers a little closer next time.

Think we had the correct tactic - kill green-red-green-etc, but I'm going to double-check the tactics for the fight, just to make sure we were not making it hard for ourselves. I'll be honest and say I have not looked up the tactics for this or subsequent bosses, but will be doing so now. I advise everyone else to do the same as we should be making good progress now. Also make sure that you take the opportunity to do the nests on Ji-Kun in LFR as this will give you a better idea of what to expect.

Grats all.
    Thats us at 4/12 now.
    I have updated our progression list to reflect this.

Log for second half : [url]http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zqqonqyoga2n9598/[/url]

Last edited by Zalid; 06-05-2013 at 06:45 PM.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 06-05-2013, 11:58 PM

Having read up on Megaera. There seems to actually be quite a number of ways to tackle it.

It may actually be an idea for use to kill B R B R G R B. This way we do not have to worry about the raid wide poison blast until head 6, and only 1 person needs to move per head casting, and be healed. Also, the red and blue heads neutralise each other. Cinders (red head) removes ice patches (blue head), and ice patches remove cinders. The reason the green head is in the rotation as head 5, is that each time a head is not killed they get a stack of Hydra Frenzy which increases their attack speed by 20%. So by head 7, if it is not killed it will be attacking almost twice as fast, which will probably result in a dead tank.
    One other good thing about this tactic is that we can spread out more towards the back, meaning dropping of cinders and ice beam/patches should be easier to handle.

That's my tuppence

Last edited by Zalid; 06-06-2013 at 12:03 AM.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 06-06-2013, 10:44 AM

I've never really noticed the attack speed buff making a difference; almost all the tank damage comes from the breaths, which aren't affected by the buff.

When we were working on Magaera, we originally tried to kill frost heads too, but the frost beam is so disruptive later in the fight (you end up having 2 healers running around almost all the time), that we decided it wasn't worth it. This was in the first week of ToT though, and the boss has been nerfed since (and you'll have much better gear than we did), so it might be worth having a look.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 06-06-2013, 09:33 PM

Now you mention it. I have not noticed any real difference to their attack speed when I have tanked it. TBH, more attacks can be good for druids to get their 2 piece savage defence procs

We'll see which way works for us when we attempt it this week.