Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-04-2013, 07:59 AM

Default Raid report 04/01/13

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim and Doom
    Healers: Sid, Vod and Psyke
    Melee: Gluggie and Bel
    Ranged: Zalid, Noheels, Littlesky and Aph

It took us a long time to get going last night as we had to get the team together and Slim was running late. I was sitting out as my PC is not playable atm but was swapped with Bel quite early on.

I wasn't online for the first part as I kept DCing but it sounded like you were struggling with the dogs and then there was some sort of drama so I had to step in for Bel.

After that everything was straight forward, despite my DC's. The dogs and Feng were both one shots, although they were pretty much nine manned. Spirit binder took a couple of attempts as our healers were struggling a little and I was on and off much too much. After spirit binder we called it as there is no way I could avoid everything on kings being offline most of the time.

Sunday we will continue from where we left off. My PC will be repaired today so keeping my fingers crossed that it stps my DCing.

Well done to everyone. It was not an easy night with the late start, early wipes and pretty much 9 manning it in the end. Hopefully Sunday will be a good raid.

I have no idea what went on, all I know is that we have a very annoyed DK/Hunter. I don't want to hear you lot b**ch about each other so an impartial view of what went on would be nice so that maybe I can work things out between us all.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-04-2013, 02:04 PM

Thanks Psyke.

I knew he had been asked to relog to his main but had no idea how that could possibly create the drama that had happened. It is now a little clearer.

Bel has been using his alt with the team for a while, and I did state at the beginning of raid in our Team Awesome chat that should it be required anyone on an alt will be requested to relog. It seems though that what started as a joke a few weeks back has been taken a step too far.

Nothing we can't fix anyway.

For the record, Psyke has now deleted his repsonse, I am not having a conversation with myself!

Last edited by Aphaeas; 01-04-2013 at 02:07 PM.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 PM

Pretty much spot on there Psyke. So Aph at least I read it before he deleted it and you are not talking to yourself

I will not bitch and moan here. All I will say is that Bel was asked to change to his hunter as the dog combo was proving to be slightly painful with 2 melee. Not sure why he felt so put out with this request, but I'm sure he will enlighten us soon enough.

The main problem the team has is that we have become quite used to being range heavy and have therefore become accustomed to not having to worry that much with the chains as it would hit us at range. I can only say that I got chained with Gluggie on one early attempt which was going well until we both decided to go different ways around a frost trap, which can happen. The actual kill I was again chained with Gluggie for the whole fight and even though there were plenty of opportunities to break the chain, I decided not too as we were working well together and I did not see the point in getting someone else chained to Gluggie. It was actually fun in the end with us both swapping over nicely to wherever the dogs were going and just getting on with it. We both were also keeping an eye on each other in case one got frozen. Basically we just got on with the fight.
    So having melee in the raid does not make the fight harder if they both work well together.

At least we did manage to get 3 bosses down with a late start and some unnecessary drama.

Last edited by Zalid; 01-04-2013 at 02:26 PM.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-04-2013, 04:24 PM

Lol, this forum is usually dead during the day, cant believe you guys saw that in the 5 mins it was up. Anyway I saved the post to repost later as it was on my phone and had tons of spelling mistakes. And here we go again:

Some people thought Bel shouldnt be getting 'boosted' on an alt and should be kicking out more dps as his main.

I think people should have been slightly easier on him in the first instance, this is a team and if someone wants to play an alt you guys should respect that and let him, don't bitch at him before the raid has even started.

That said, when we were CLEARLY struggling on the dogs and having an extra melee made it way harder, Bel should have been the first to offer to switch to main, not throw a hissy fit and storm offline and leave 9 other people in the lurch. At the end of the day Bel you were getting boosted and people are doing you a favor by taking up your slack, and you went and threw it back in everyones faces. I'm sure of you swapped to Bel for dogs and then back again nobody would have complained, but by storming off you just made yourself look stupid and wasted a load of our time. Can't see as you have all that much to be pissed off about tbh, it's the rest of the raid who suffered...

Sorry to be outspoken about it, especially as I wont even be in the team after next week but this seems like the most idiotic and needless drama ever, just because people are stubborn and unhelpful.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-04-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Lol, this forum is usually dead during the day, cant believe you guys saw that in the 5 mins it was up.
    We are that good
    It was pure fluke on my part. Very rarely check at that time of day
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 01-04-2013, 04:35 PM

just to put it here so it can have a end, I'm done.

I've explained why to Aph as I don't believe stating the reasons publicly will achieve anything other than cause more problems.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 01-04-2013, 05:16 PM

btw logs for the night
    [url]http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/06q354hqqa5afxjt/[/url]

just like to say thanks for everyone for waiting around and sticking at it, shame bel left in way he did but who bel situation could of been handled alot better then it was, we ment to be a team that means if one's failing we all failing, if someone on an alt and we struggling they should move back to a main no questions asked, even if there going to change from there main to alt in future,

just thought i state this as heard someone ask on vent why i was on priest, and didnt want to go into it at time,

reason being is MW monks have been nerfed to hell and back in 5.1 we got a nerf that yes was deserved but it was a huge nerf we went from being top healers with no real Raid CD's and only have pure heals to keep everyone up to a healer with no CD's and next to healing output hugely nerfed as say we went from top to basically bottom with druids over night, if the current changes come in that currently planed for 5.2 we will be even weaker still we aint a single target healing class and we meant to be a raid healing class, but as you can see we 2 heal most fights and poor sid is having to pick up alot of slack from me as i can go oom very fast some fights as have to heal a tank Will being a prime example by time phase 3 is here iam omm and sid is pretty much healing on own ans 2nd boss in HoF iam omm by time final phase is here.. with all this in mind i spent last month leveling and gearing a disc priest i didnt bring it in till i new i could manage i got my priest to 470ilvl and preformed very well
    even on gara only going into first totem due to psyke having to do it all time due to me being unlucky and getting the debuff and i managed to keep everyone up and still had plenty of mana left over at end of fight, will will be the big test weekend to see how it comes up

healing compaired to monk is

dogs priest 32.5k monk 45k
    feng priest 44k monk 39k
    Gara priest 47.3k Monk 49k

and theres 11 ilvl between priest and monk

as you can see apart from dogs my priest ether out preformed or equaled my better geared monk

just thought i post this encase people wondered why bel was asked to change and i didnt get asked
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 01-04-2013, 07:58 PM

I did 67.9% of dispels you slackers!! I still wish I knew how to read the logs properly.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 01-04-2013, 08:16 PM

was too busy healing :P plus everytime i clicked one u did it :P makes a change if u check past logs i do 90% off them :P
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 01-05-2013, 08:01 AM

Am I right in thinking a lot of disc healing is shields? I was finding a lot of the time I had nothing to heal lol, only on the heavy damage phases... kinda liked it ;D