Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU)

#1   Report Post  
    Old 02-26-2012, 12:13 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to OK-47
    Default A farewell message...

To all you beautiful people...

It saddens me to tell you that in just over a week, on the 5th of March, my subscription time will end and I will not be renewing it. I have gradually found WoW less appealing to play, and now pretty much only log in to raid. Although I still enjoy raiding, I simply don't play enough for it to be worth my money. I also do not like many of Blizzards decisions and design philosophy; a combination of simplification, nothing to teach people to play in-game, greedy business model, and changes to the warrior class come mists... I'm not going to leave a metaphorical mmorpg sized hole in myself though, I am waiting (with IMMENSE anticipation) for the release of GW2.

If it wasn't for the guild I probably would have quit a while back, but you guys always kept me hooked. The prospect of joining PC Gamer's official WoW guild was in fact one of the biggest reasons that I started playing! Joining Team Win and progressing through the end of t11, through Firelands, and now through Dragon Soul, has been such a great experience. Getting Deathwing down before my departure (because I know we can) would be a great note to go out on. I am very sorry that I haven't given you more warning, but when I made the decision a couple of months ago the date seemed forever away - it's pretty hard to let go.

For the time that I'm still here I'd like to help out as much as I can, to give something back. I have a measly amount of gold (the guild is swimming in it anyway) but what I do have is lots of crafting mats - if anyone needs some blacksmithed gear, give me a shout here or catch me in game. I also have 10 enchanted elementium bars for Thunderaan if anyone is working towards it.

A big thanks to you, PCG, to team Win, to the officers, for making my time in WoW the best it could possibly be! I hope to see you in Guild Wars 2, and know that I will be leaving my brother in good company

OK47 - BATTLELOG

(Inactive)Oskrilyth - Warrior
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 02-26-2012, 12:26 AM

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

If we make Blizzard promise not to change warriors in MoP, will you stay?
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 02-26-2012, 06:58 AM

Sorry to see you go Osk. We are losing a very good player and a great character. I am sure your brother will keep you up to date on everything that is going on and hopefully you can keep in touch through him.

The best of luck in everything you do and of course, you are more than welcome to come back at any time.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 02-26-2012, 09:57 AM

now I only have ulth to taunt best of luck mate, never know we might see you in a future game if you still hand around the PCG forums. also as said I'm sure archaz can keep you up to date if your still interested.

put saying about mists, for all they are cutting down the number of talents and making things simpler, to be fair with all the guides around now it's only ever maybe 5points you can move about and that is normally because all the talents for those last few suck. as for making it easier a lot of people quite in cata because T11 was way harder than the previous stuff, it's why firelands and dragon soul were much easier and they eventually brought in the raid finder.

but to be fair at this point in the expansion I bet more people will go or take a break as there isn't anything new until mists and there still isn't even a date on the beta start yet, but I would say if archaz is still playing in mists give it a go as on paper and in practice the changes could be very different.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 02-26-2012, 10:52 AM

NO! WE CAN CHANGE!

Sorry to see you go mate, it's been a joy to raid with you. Now we have to find someone else to pull unholy amounts of DPS
    Ulthaze the Astral Walker - 85 Goblin Tailoring Priest - PCG Alt

Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ulth
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 02-26-2012, 03:27 PM

Gief me mi sword back you scrub!
    Only joking

Sorry to see you go buddy, you will be missed